Yanks / Doomed Battalions / Hakkaa Paalle reprints

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Any news on when we could see those and will they be mere reprints or new editions?

Plus, speaking of Hakkaa Paalle, I wonder what's the case with Finnish counters in BV now that we have Finnish OOB as a separate module. Are those BV counters now redundant or what (or are they omitted in new reprints, or will be)?

And any info on Hollow Legions?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Any news on when we could see those and will they be mere reprints or new editions?

Plus, speaking of Hakkaa Paalle, I wonder what's the case with Finnish counters in BV now that we have Finnish OOB as a separate module. Are those BV counters now redundant or what (or are they omitted in new reprints, or will be)?

And any info on Hollow Legions?
Throw your BV Finns away they are superfluous now that HP is out, as for Yanks it will probably be just a reprint, doomed Battalions, who knows when and HL is meant to be out this year with all the desert and Soldiers of the Negus included .

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would not call them redundant - more like "extras". Plus the older scenarios featuring Finns still use the German MG for them.

I don't think they will be removed from future re-prints of BV either.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You guys are harsh! Throwing away those soldiers who have served you so well as if they were pieces of cardboard!!😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

Couldn't some useful alternative be found for them? Steady a table perhaps or glued together as coasters for your game room tables?🙄🙄

Come to think of it the coaster haha isn't that bad of an idea.🤔🤔🤗🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You guys are harsh! Throwing away those soldiers who have served you so well as if they were pieces of cardboard!!😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

Couldn't some useful alternative be found for them? Steady a table perhaps or glued together as coasters for your game room tables?🙄🙄

Okay so started thinking about the coaster idea.

Amazon has a 30 piece pack of cork squares, 4 inches by four inches with a self adhesive backing for $7.98.

Buy a pack, peel off the paper covering the adhesive and mount your counters. You're done and those pieces that served you so well on the game board are now protecting your furniture.

Be creative! All sorts of possibilities and you'll impress the significant other with your cleverness, thriftiness and concern for your tables.🤗🤗🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to pictures of your progress!
Lol thanks. Unfortunately I don't have enough counters to do even one coaster. Loaned my entire kit out years ago to someone who wanted to learn the game. It got lost when he moved.🙄🙄😔😔

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

A better idea would be to inset them into a game table top and epoxy them.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ok, anyone want my first edition BV Finns?
Might throw in first editionbrusdianand yanks as well. Do I really need the US OB 3 times?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ask if anyone would like them.
I tried when I left the US. I offered hard-backed boards, old counters, things I wasn't planning on keeping in digital format. I couldn't give it away. I wasn't willing to pay someone to take it. Well, I guess in hindsight I paid for rubbish collection. ;) -- jim