Kibitzing

In tournament play, should rule errors be pointed out during play?

• YES

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 62 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Do you realize there isn't a GRAVESTONE by his name....
The POINT is still valid on his thoughts ..
Why do you post senseless responses like this ???/

Is HE the only one with his thoughts?? no ??
Then 100% valid...

You realize I can argue with George Washington on the merits of having a Constitution over remaining Colonies?
Kibbizing at ASLOK, a little crowd of yankees kibbitzing vs me during my opponent(s) set up, my fellow Swedes wondered why, I didn't mind I, accepted it,
hoped he got a good defense setup to fight against, and I did got my wish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
That's a good example of why I personally don't believe that a TD should compete in a tournament he is running. Fish felt the same way after observing some questionable behavior at a tournament bitd.
You didnt' read the post.
It wasn't THE TD competing, it was another TD from a different tournament competing.
i.e. PREFERENTIAL treatment.

I'm the outsider, so therefore, my requests for tournament rules and my opponents setups and HIP units are to be ignored at the behest of the TD...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It wasn't THE TD competing, it was another TD from a different tournament competing.

I'm the outsider, so therefore, my requests for tournament rules and my opponents setups and HIP units are to be ignored at the behest of the TD...
Daryl was being pretty nice to you, even to the point of agreeing with the point you were making about TD's not playing in their own tournaments. Daryl probably didn't understand the context of the second TD running another tournament getting an adjudication in his favor. I highly doubt someone was given preferential treatment. You're only an outsider because you chose to be. This ASL community has welcomed anyone who wants to make an effort to be part of it. -- jim

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You didnt' read the post.

Well I actually did read the post, a couple times. As it was written it was not clear to me that your opponent was a TD from another tournament. I wouldn't refer to my opponent as a TD if he wasn't a TD at the event I was presently attending. He's just this guy, you know. A ship has only one Captain. An event has only designated TDs, those who are actually in charge and capable of making decisions regarding the event.

When I attended another event I neither expected or received any special treatment because I was a TD at Oktoberfest. Except of course for the undying adoration of the unwashed masses and a 20% cut of the profits for my august personage attending their inconsequential event.😉😉😉🙄🙄🙄

Try to relax and enjoy the game and the comradeship it offers. As you said there are plenty of a-holes in the world but not everybody is one and not everyone is out to screw you over. Nobody is that important. 😉🤗

Last edited:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I have a break in the game I am playing at a tourney {Enfilade}, I will go around and look at the other games being played.
I never offer any advice or criticism, I am not qualified in that department. I do ask how the scenario is going for the players. If a counter
has fallen to the floor, I either pick it up to hand to someone or let one of the players know. If someone has a question concerning a
vehicle's capabilities, I'll look in the Chapter H pages for them. I'll leave rules questions for the harried guy running the tourney.