Is a foxhole ADJACENT to a Trench attached for movement purposes?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
We all aspire to be more Klas-like.
Yeah. I even mimic his avatar. But mine has an Iron Cross and not the ridiculous name of that tenor Julio Iglesias. That way, I have tricked thousands into believing I am the rules guru and Klas merely some sort of clown. ;)

BTW, the real story behind von Marwitz's current avatar:

The Oberst was chastising some forumite about the correct placement of silverware on dinner tables in France, horsebreeding, or some such and bitterly complaining that no one had deigned to award a 10-3 counter to his name in BV v1 as would befit his general brilliance.

I think it was @Tuomo who said that the creation of a counter would not be that difficult. The Oberst said that if Tuomo did, he had his word as an officer that it would be put to use. Tuomo delivered. Shortly thereafter, he sent the 'von Marwitz' avatar. The Oberst had to harangue Toumo at once, because he had failed to use a fraktur font for the name. Gum chewing barbarian! But Tuomo delivered.

The Oberst harrassed him again how he could dare to slight him by not displaying an Iron Cross on the avatar. Tuomo delivered.

The Oberst turned purple in anger because the ribbon of the Iron Cross that was requested had incorrect colors and yelled at Tuomo to get back to work. Marsch, Marsch! Do you have an inkling, why this time, Tuomo did not deliver?

Can you believe it? The Oberst had to correct that himself! It is so hard to find good staff these days...

So there we were at last.

Inexplicably, for all of von Marwitz's heart&mind winning leadership towards Tuomo, the latter had assigned 6+1 Leadership values. However, despite being destined for greater glory, the Oberst, bound by his word, resigned to use this avatar.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yeah. I even mimic his avatar. But mine has an Iron Cross and not the ridiculous name of that tenor Julio Iglesias. That way, I have tricked thousands into believing I am the rules guru and Klas merely some sort of clown. ;)

View attachment 16842View attachment 16843

BTW, the real story behind von Marwitz's current avatar:

The Oberst was chastising some forumite about the correct placement of silverware on dinner tables in France, horsebreeding, or some such and bitterly complaining that no one had deigned to award a 10-3 counter to his name in BV v1 as would befit his general brilliance.

I think it was @Tuomo who said that the creation of a counter would not be that difficult. The Oberst said that if Tuomo did, he had his word as an officer that it would be put to use. Tuomo delivered. Shortly thereafter, he sent the 'von Marwitz' avatar. The Oberst had to harangue Toumo at once, because he had failed to use a fraktur font for the name. Gum chewing barbarian! But Tuomo delivered.

View attachment 16839

The Oberst harrassed him again how he could dare to slight him by not displaying an Iron Cross on the avatar. Tuomo delivered.

View attachment 16840

The Oberst turned purple in anger because the ribbon of the Iron Cross that was requested had incorrect colors and yelled at Tuomo to get back to work. Marsch, Marsch! Do you have an inkling, why this time, Tuomo did not deliver?

Can you believe it? The Oberst had to correct that himself! It is so hard to find good staff these days...

View attachment 16841

So there we were at last.

Inexplicably, for all of von Marwitz's heart&mind winning leadership towards Tuomo, the latter had assigned 6+1 Leadership values. However, despite being destined for greater glory, the Oberst, bound by his word, resigned to use this avatar.

von Marwitz
Count your blessings! At least the name is spelled correctly. 🤗

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It's funny that Foxholes can never be and Sangars can be under the right conditions. More evidence Foxholes are death traps. -- jim
Perhaps because sangars are not dug into the earth and are rather small piles of stones...

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps because sangars are not dug into the earth and are rather small piles of stones...
Kinda-sorta. In many instances they're both. I remember an instance (or two, or three...) where we had to dig-in in the desert and after doing so all day had dug down about 3ft (1m) [NOTE TO SELF: Don't make a habit of trying to dig in the desert-nothing but d#@! hard work]. By the evening we were able to fill sandbags and along with dug up rocks and additional obstacle material had made a sanger. We were lucky, a Russian built trenching machine had somewhat connected our positions with a trench of about equal depth. With a bit if additional digging by morning we had connected to the trench and camouflaged our position. Fortune again smiled upon us (it was a devious smile) as by mid afternoon we were told we'd be moving to a new location and to tear it all down and refill the holes (yup, including the trench). By the next morning we were doing it all over again.:eek:o_O;)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kinda-sorta. In many instances they're both. I remember an instance (or two, or three...) where we had to dig-in in the desert and after doing so all day had dug down about 3ft (1m) [NOTE TO SELF: Don't make a habit of trying to dig in the desert-nothing but d#@! hard work]. By the evening we were able to fill sandbags and along with dug up rocks and additional obstacle material had made a sanger. We were lucky, a Russian built trenching machine had somewhat connected our positions with a trench of about equal depth. With a bit if additional digging by morning we had connected to the trench and camouflaged our position. Fortune again smiled upon us (it was a devious smile) as by mid afternoon we were told we'd be moving to a new location and to tear it all down and refill the holes (yup, including the trench). By the next morning we were doing it all over again.:eek:o_O;)
They pay me to dig, I fire my rifle for free.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I think sandbags are more likely.
Sandbags were also used.
But a sangar is originally a breastwork made of stones.
You didn't always have the time or luxury to prepare sandbags.