Ersatz VASLeague 2021

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
Nice and fun game with Asad Rustum. Dice help me to win ( my OBA place 3 CH on his tanks!). I meet a real gentleman player. Thank for the Game
Fabio.
Yes, a really fun game of J62 Lee's Charge with an extremely nice opponent. Thanks Fabio!

But just to comment on Fabio's OBA, not only did he achieve three Critical Hits but before that he Shocked one tank (the one with the Armor Leader in) which actually returned back to life only to be victimized by one of the three Critical Hits and immobilized another tank. In total Fabios wimpy 70mm OBA puts four out of six AFV:s out of action. Finally, on the next to last turn, Fabio drops his OBA as Harassing Fire onto of himself and my attacking American infantry totally sending my rangers wimping back home.

I then realized that I could not exit with the required 24 VP so I conceded.

Lots of fun!
/asad

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Todd Rezak .. sent a few emails .. last one with scenario suggestions .. hope all is well with you .. get in touch when you can
thanks
Pierce

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Ernst and I played FrF85 Order 831. I won as the Russians. Thanks for the game Ernst. It was fun. -- jim

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrick Palma and I just finished A25 Cold Crocodiles. It was pretty quiet with my Germans falling back until turn 4 when the Crocs appeared, only for both to be fausted immediately, one from my squad in the lumberyards at range 2 (broke me too, but good trade) and the second drove adjacent to my HIP squad which promptly got a 1,1 on the to hit. Patrick saw no point after that and threw in the towel.
Cool scenario. Over too quick!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrick Palma and I just finished A25 Cold Crocodiles. It was pretty quiet with my Germans falling back until turn 4 when the Crocs appeared, only for both to be fausted immediately, one from my squad in the lumberyards at range 2 (broke me too, but good trade) and the second drove adjacent to my HIP squad which promptly got a 1,1 on the to hit. Patrick saw no point after that and threw in the towel.
Cool scenario. Over too quick!
Often wondered why that one wasn't brought forward with the release of FKaK as I rate it among the top 25 scenarios of all time, a true classic in every sense of the word.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steffen Knippel and I played Per L'Onore D'Italia. This is a classic fall back defense for the Italians with the Canadians pressing to the road and victory. I had the Italians and was able to inflict damage and fall back keeping the finish line out of reach. That and Steffen did stuff like rolling 6,6 on a leader's self rally wrecking the rest of the stack after killing himself ... units that the leader was supposed to rally. "supposed" ... The dice were my friends.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Magnus Rimvall as German and me, as Norwegian just played J41, By ourselves.

I won. It took us two short gaming sessions. After the first one nothing was decided. In his turn, I was able to strip concealment of a leader+hs that was slipping away with a 2fp snapshot, pbreaking/pinning them.... but then two boxcars by Magnus in a row, one on a easy Rally and one after my first prepfire, opened all doors for my squads, so I flooded the houses.

It is a very small dicey scenario, and indeed the second session went great for me: an average of 5 on MC, 5,09 on IFT and a 5,67 on Rally!!!! The numbers of Magnus were awfull, with those two boxcars in a row, a hero dying on the first shot I made against him, rolling losts of nines ond tens.... It wasn´t fair with Magnus!!. A pleasure to play with Magnus!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stephane Renaudin & I played FT171_ Getting your Bell Rung. Stepahne played as British & I as the Germans.

He played a very smart game and easily won. I set up far too forward and he took advantage of it and flanked my position before I could pull back enough to defend the road. Successive 3,3 rolls on my only two AFV's killed them by T3 and sealed any chance that I could extract myself in any orderly fashion and I retired on my T4.

Congrats to him for a well played game.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played VoTG Perfected in Battle with Jon K with my Germans defending against a Russian counter attack. The game ended on turn 3 or 4 with my Germans gaining victory. I personally thought the scenario was unbalanced towards the defender and before people start saying I sharked the dude, I let him pick the scenario and sides. My best advise to players is to go with either FrF or DTF scenarios, 99% of those scenarios are fun and well balanced.

scott

PrinceTuiTeka

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
I played the classic (though updated) ASL 11 Defiance on Hill 30 with Jim Kelly. Random rolling for sides gave Jim the defending Amis, and I the Germans.

I rushed the Hamlet and had stripped the outer line of defense, and was in the woods surrounding the Hamlet within the 3rd turn, and then had control of 3 of the 5 buildings before the Ami reinforcements came on for Jim on the 4th. I was bemoaning the 50mm German MTRs as the SW I struggle with the most, just as I rolled snakes for an effects roll against the US MTR nest. Huh. Guess fate was telling me that the sun shines on the dog ass at least once a day. Unfortunately for Jim, his Ami's weren't able to push the Germans out, yet his Personal Morale held strong and he tried to make a game of the situation right till the last possible moment. Jim wasnt helped with at least 3 boxcars. Two malfing separate MMGs, and one on a HOB roll resulting in a Zerker.

Really enjoyed playing with this chap. He is gracious and relaxed. Exactly how I like my ASL. Hit me up for a game anytime, Jim. :)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Andy Goldin and I played Russian Style, a Cobra scenario with 12 US squads riding 12 tanks straight into the German defenses. Tanks blazed away on both sides, and two US fighter bombers joined the fun, killing 2 German tanks with their MGs when the rockets and bombs all missed. The US had enough time to clear the village or exit, but not both and my Germans held on for a tight win. Great scenario Andy, it was fun as heck once we figured out how the planes worked!

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the East Coast League, Andy Goldin and I played Russian Style, a Cobra scenario with 12 US squads riding 12 tanks straight into the German defenses. Tanks blazed away on both sides, and two US fighter bombers joined the fun, killing 2 German tanks with their MGs when the rockets and bombs all missed. The US had enough time to clear the village or exit, but not both and my Germans held on for a tight win. Great scenario Andy, it was fun as heck once we figured out how the planes worked!
Indeed! My enjoyment of getting those Bounding First Fire and aircraft MG kills on your tanks was matched by my frustration at trying to get through the bocage, orchards with riders (bad idea) and your very shrewd and skillful defense. Thanks for the game Jim, it was fun playing with you!

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played a very enjoyable game with Toze Santos - ASL133 Block Busting in Bokruisk.

My Russian horde won despite breaking the flame thrower on the first roll and the ISU-152 being recalled in turn one by a sniper. I should really button up my tanks more :rolleyes:

STAVKA was happy with my performance for once...........

Many thanks Toze.

Danny Peeters

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Danny
Country
llBelgium
In my first game of the Euro League of this years tournament I played against Björn Lorenzen AP143 Late for Chow.

My brave Germans of Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 7 had to break through the infiltrated Pathfinders of the 8th Infantry Division around Kerogas, an area with a lot of bocage terrain. Normally a blessing for the defending Axis troops but now they had to assault and advance themselves through this well defendable bocage terrain.

I chose to make the assault on the east side of the battlefield as there was a little less bocage compared to the west side. Also there were less Pathfinders on this side who covered the first 150 meters of open ground which I had to cross. I deployed a machine gun team and an half-squad together with a good leader in the center axe to defend my left flank of my assault.

My Fallschirmjägers initial assault went very well. I crossed the open ground without losses and could infiltrate his first defensive line into the hedgerows along the road. My machine gun team in the center deployed into a good position to defend my flank.

I wanted to keep the momentum in my attack and rushed my troops forward, but the Pathfinders well positioned machine nest laid down a very effective fire lane which stopped my assault.

As they had exposed themselves my rearguard troops protecting my assault team could return fire and broke the machine gun crew. My sniper did his part of the job too and wiped out a complete squad!

This opened up my path of advance and my assault regained momentum.

In the mean time the Americans on the left flank redeployed but the terrain slowed down this effort.

The Pathfinders machine gun team on the west side of the battlefield got into a firefight with my machine gun team in the center but they lost the fight and without leader they would be out of action for the rest of the battle.

This freed up my left flank defenders and they too could advance over the center axe of the battlefield.

Around that time the Americans received reinforcements which deployed into a defensive line to cover the open ground my troops had to cross in their final stage of the assault.

These reinforcements together with some Pathfinders slowed down the assault once again but my left flank defenders came to the rescue and broke a squad and my main assault gave some good return fire which made a gap in the Americans defensive line.

I pushed forward and could reach the last woods on my path of advance. His machine gun team had recovered but could not chase my assault group because the open ground in my back was covered by my rearguard light machine gun team. So they chased down my left flank machine gun team and with success; they broke my 9-1 leader and pinned a squad!

This was a set back because they too were in a good position to cross the battlefield to earn the needed VP’s. :rolleyes:

But Lady Luck would be on the German side in the final stage of the battle! I sent a half-squad into a risky close combat to tie up a full squad. But this half squad would prove to become the heroes of the battle!

Not only did they killed the squad which made the path of advance for my main group a little less dangerous but their brave action even created a 8-1 leader, valuable VP’s which could exit the map too now! :p

I pressed the attack with my main assault team and managed to exit 6 VP’s of troops off the map, together with the 3 VP’s of my CC-heroes I gathered 9 VP’s which won me the game.

Thanks a lot Björn for this very exciting game, you played very well, but I rolled a 1,1 :love: at exactly the right time at exactly the right place! Without this you would have won this game, no doubt about that!

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
I won't have time to make the pairings for round 2 before Thursday, so if you still have a game to finish, you have time until then. Fast schedulers might be able to play their second game this weekend!

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Stefano sent an email, but just in case...
We played AP148 Beacon of Hope. Stefano Piccardo's Swedes/Norwegians performed an excellent defense and defeated Mike Augustine's attacking Germans.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Round 2, I'm playing DUMMY. At last, a fair fight!
We had a few losses during round 1. In some leagues, there's now an odd number of players, so not everybody gets a real opponent. Just move into CC and register the game as a win for you. You will get a real opponent next round!