Manila HASL - Good news, Bad news

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had read these:

and have this one inbound:

A brutal battle in which the civilian populace suffered terribly. I don't expect a lot of that will be included in the scenarios (possibly some SRs?) - more likely in the historical write-up - nor will there be any quarter given/granted between the combatants. Anticipate this will be the RB/RO for the Pacific.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will there be FCTCs? Falling Coconut Task Checks?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Artisanal shell holes, or did you buy 'em by the gross from China?
Well, you tell me. You take 20 separate shellhole exemplars, use Matlab to randomly place random numbers of them at various points around the hex, then randomly rotate and scale each of them before applying man-in-the-loop finishing touches to adjust each one by hand.

HELL YES they're freaking artisinal.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, you tell me. You take 20 separate shellhole exemplars, use Matlab to randomly place random numbers of them at various points around the hex, then randomly rotate and scale each of them before applying man-in-the-loop finishing touches to adjust each one by hand.

HELL YES they're freaking artisinal.
You want to impress us, boy, eh? ;)

To leave us gaping with jaws open, for your Shellholes you'd need to blast off the Open Ground color of the map by minuscule detonations using the original explosive agent taken from recovered dud artillery shells at their original historical locations in Manila, then manually and individually apply fine-ground sands in various colors collected from Iwo Jima, the Normandy beaches, Tarawa and Peleliu for the artwork by backbred extinct white albino-mammoths that have been rowed over in the Thai coronation barge during the winter from Siberia using the Northeast Passage to the point of collation of the HASL, arriving precisely at winter solstice in combination with the great conjuction of Saturn and Jupiter.

That's freaking artisanal for you...

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, so you want "bespoke" shell holes. Saville Row, so to speak.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had read these:

and have this one inbound:

A brutal battle in which the civilian populace suffered terribly. I don't expect a lot of that will be included in the scenarios (possibly some SRs?) - more likely in the historical write-up - nor will there be any quarter given/granted between the combatants. Anticipate this will be the RB/RO for the Pacific.
I have included an extensive Bibliography with this product which should supply those interested in many years worth of reading materials on the subject.