DRIFT occurrence

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
3.75 DRIFTS: Drifts occur at the start of a scenario by SSR or by DYO use of the Snow Chart. If Drifts are specified, each mapboard in play receives six Drift counters. A Drift is also created in one hex of each mapboard at the start of any RPh in which, prior to the Wind Change DR, Heavy Winds/Gusts were in force in combination with Ground or Deep Snow.

So, there are no SSR other than DEEP SNOW.
Rally phase Player turn 1 6,6 Gusts.
Does a Drift appear and when?

My answer would be Yes, prior to the Next WDR of Player 2's Rally Ph of Turn 1

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Not sure E3.75 is in play if there is no SSR calling for it - since it's in Chapter E. I seem to recall a discussion on that some time ago.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
One needs a Drift SSR to have Drifts.
The rule doesn't state that.
GUSTS can create drifts.
ONLY drifts at the START of the scenario need an SSR

Otherwise, it would simply say, Drifts are only by SSR, Like all of the other rules that only occur by SSR.
It specifically states START. Since you can't have a drift created by a WCDR with GUSTS until the next player Rally Phase, which wouldn't be the START of the game.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We had a good laugh in ‘Nordic Twilight’ when a drift blocked some anticipated prep fire, lol. The only drift I’ve seen and it worked.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
E.1:
"Chapter E is composed entirely of Optional rules and SSR. As such, no rule herein will be used unless specifically cited by the scenario in play or agreed upon between the players prior to play. "

Of course, e.g., if a scenario has Boats in the OB, one does have to assume that is = "cited by the scenario in play" - while not in text.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
E.1:
"Chapter E is composed entirely of Optional rules and SSR. As such, no rule herein will be used unless specifically cited by the scenario in play or agreed upon between the players prior to play. "

Of course, e.g., if a scenario has Boats in the OB, one does have to assume that is = "cited by the scenario in play" - while not in text.
I'm gonna add boats to ask stream scenarios.
Floating down the irrigation ditch!!!