Broken Ground Design Thread

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ah, sorry to year that. Perhaps one day post COVID, we can one day enjoy some nicely coloured FJ counters. I have CH's set but even they don't include the unarmed squads. And they went with a mousy grey which is not as nice as classic blue.
You will have got the CH coloured version of the ASL counters , lol for the same pack but in “classic “ type and you get the traditional Blue Grey ones

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If you know, which VFTT?
I’ll have to look into it, they were print and mount yourself tho, otherwise I’ll contact Pete, the owner, Editor of the fanzine

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ll have to look into it, they were print and mount yourself tho, otherwise I’ll contact Pete, the owner, Editor of the fanzine
Found it. VFTT 13

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There doesn't seem to be an accompanying article on the FJ. Am I missing something?
I think it just has a generic article or two about airborne and glider landings

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Cannot remember but it came with the sheet to mount yourself

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Is there any chance of a restock/reprint of the Polish nationality set any time soon?
The Polish re-work has been done and proofed. Added one sheet of 1/2" counters for PiF compatible infantry (& some SW) for Poles, Soviets, Germans & SS.

First in the queue are Zombies, SS, and Watercraft. Then Polish.

csiemers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I could put a request out there it'd be to see more system counters. Specifically the system counters that are on the "flat" side typically, be done so that they are on the "rounded" side.
Here's what I mean, Prep Fire, that is on the rounded side of the counter and Bounding Fire is on the flat side.
It would be great if some of those items normally exiled to the flat side could be brought around to the front such as (just a small example):
  • Bounding Fire
  • Final Fire
  • Location Level 2
  • Disrupt
  • Fords
  • Wire
  • Roadblocks
I tend to organize my system counters in my Planos by what is on the rounded side of the counter. So though there may be various Wire counters spread out, they are typically on the flat side so for me, they aren't in their own slot and take longer to find.

Also, it'd be great to have updated ELR, SAN, Weather, VP Tally, etc counters that would be used on the ASL Scenario Aid Card. Seems like I haven't seen any updates of those in other modules other than Beyond Valor.

OCD, sure, but just something I'd like to toss out there as a couple ideas.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know.

I believe that some of the new colored counters of TPPs are too colorful and that the lines especially of the vehicles are hard to discern bytimes. On top of that, camo patterns (even of a single TPP) vary and might not fit to the given situation. Desert camo in a winter scenario? Winter camo in summery woodland? Hm...

I am not saying that BG counters are not well done. The opposite is the case and BG even closes gaps in counters on offer due to being OoP etc. BG was the first to take a systematic approach for offering counters. Order by nationality and not by HASL / particular product. This is BG's main innnovation that deserves full credit.

Yet, personally, I still prefer the "classic" AH/MMP black & white counter style above all others for the abovementioned reasons.

von Marwitz
Didn't CH offer nationality counter sheets sometime ago. Just for the record, I will never buy another CH products, but not for the look of the counters. BG is making counters that are reasonably priced, something CH failed to do.