Signups for Game of the MONTH (SK and ASL) read CAREFULLY the requirements

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Game of the Month (GotM)

Purpose: Learning different styles of play and what can be gleaned from analyzing these styles. HOW to.....ASL(SK)

Games will be reviewed for the following.
For the SK players, We will summarize many of the games on the first TUESDAY of the Month in TACTICAL TUESDAY at 1730PDT.
ASL games can be likewise summarized, through ASL ANALYSIS (similar to TT) that I can setup.

Conversations will only occur on DISCORD. IF you don't use DISCORD, you will not be able to participate in the conversation. These conversations have been FANTASTIC, IMO, for the SK players. We cover all ranges of questions and comments

Participation:
Players sign up for the GOTM.
First nameLast nameTime ZoneEmailExperienceNotes

Matchups are dependent upon a myriad of factors. (TRY to play different players throughout the term) I Leave the matchups to you guys.

1. I will select the scenarios based on a "type" of VC or action needed to be performed.
i.e. Assaulting Fortifications/EXIT VP/CONTROL etc.
Both GotM scenarios will try to encompass the same "goal"
These scenarios may not be "50/50" balanced. As the players won't be 50/50 matched. However, that being said....BALANCE provisions WILL be given as listed that month.

2. VASL LOG files are required to be created and shared.
If you do not wish to comply with #2, you may not participate. You can still play the scenarios, of course. Failure to supply and post your game won't dismiss you from GotM, but will not "qualify" you for goodies at the end of the session.

3. AAR of Interesting things that happened in your game. IDC about snake eyes rolled here or there.... I care about what you DID or DIDN'T do in the game that you think you did well or not. I.E. Your AAR will be VERY short.
a) It will include your GAME PLAN. " I want to shove my T34's on his right flank and take control of the left part of the town before I commence winning" That simple...We need to know WHAT you want to do.
b) YOUR LOG will show us your effectiveness. We don't care if you are a great player or a NEW player....we simply will use this information to see what steps you take to complete your objectives from your GAME PLAN
c) The AAR is short because you or your opponent will fill in the details with your participation in TACTICAL TUESDAY or ASL Analysis sessions.

GAMES must be be submitted to https://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/ (with game notes as to how you liked the game, typically left for reference) AND to https://asl-players.net/
Dave Ramsey's and Neal Ulen's pages respectively.

This will create a HISTORY of games(i.e. VASL LOGS) that other players can ACCESS.
Why access the games?
If you are new and have no clue how to setup....check either site for examples.
If you are preparing for a tournament, and 4-8 FULL replays are on the site, you can check the different styles the players used.

Yes, other players have AAR sites......for THEIR games. This will create a "ROAR" type database on FULL Games with multiple examples.

Feel free to submit your games to these sites regardless if you want to participate in GotM.

Suggestions for scenario choices are welcome to be received.
SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS on the DISCORD Server.
Server can be found at

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Query: with skype or other service, the log files are incomplete, just counters moving. Would you required typing it all down or is the log file with just the counter movement sufficient?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I'm not following you here.
Why is your logfile incomplete?

A complete logfile which includes a description of your gameplan would allow viewers understand what you are trying to do when you do it.
And a pregame summary sets the stage

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
A complete logfile which includes a description of your gameplan would allow viewers understand what you are trying to do when you do it.
And a pregame summary sets the stage
This wouldn't be part of the logfile per say. It would be external to the logfile. At least, that's how I understand it and where I think the confusion is. -- jim

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
This wouldn't be part of the logfile per say. It would be external to the logfile. At least, that's how I understand it and where I think the confusion is. -- jim
AH, I see.
Well, when you participated in the GotM, the logfiles are just one part of it. Sure you could play and just submit the log.
But we are looking at comparing the games as a whole and looking to learn from each other during the process.
Learning better play is the Key function. Playing the game and posting the log is the key in this.
A normal AAR has limitations. Submitting a written or RECORDED AAR is just fine in order to identify HOW you are going to conduct your game and your strategy behind your actions at various points in the game.

This is where we learn.
Gameplan and Logfile Showing your actions are what is needed.
Of course, audio files, video files etc are welcome as well. Just post them on the ASL SCenario ARchive and ASL-Players.net sites.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
The plan is to get together on Discord and discuss everyone's game and analyze why they took the actions they did.
First session will be This Saturday the 12th about 10am PST (GMT-8) or so. for a couple hours.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
The plan is to get together on Discord and discuss everyone's game and analyze why they took the actions they did.
First session will be This Saturday the 12th about 10am PST (GMT-8) or so. for a couple hours.
Can people, who did not play the GotM, participate in the discussion on Discord this Saturday, to learn by listening in? Would such an individual be permitted to ask questions?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Can people, who did not play the GotM, participate in the discussion on Discord this Saturday, to learn by listening in? Would such an individual be permitted to ask questions?
ABSOLUTLELY!!!!! :)
We want you to listen AND participate.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
4K views for a SK tournament annoucement?
Sounds like we need more SK tournaments

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
where is the sign up?
Right at the end Larry.
The correspondence is centralized on the discord server.
We just went over last months GotM for the SK players.
ASL players aren't submitting logs.
BUT if you do play ASL we'll certainly analyze the game but 3-4 games seem to be the sweet spot for good comparisons of different strategies.

Glad you are interested!

Stew.

Glad GS has filters

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At the end ... I joined the discord server but I am not seeing a sign up for the GOTM. Perhaps oblivious ... probably.

went back to the app ... feel dumb. Do I just send the info to you?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Simply ask for opponent to play GitM in the Opponent wanted