Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Updated Dispatch #50

Hello everyone, Vic from Dispatches from the Bunker here.

After Dispatch #50 went out a couple weeks ago Carl Nogueira discovered a calculation in his article had been typoed & entered wrong & the result was it carried into other parts of the article, making several pages that needed to be fixed.

This looked like more than just mentioning the problem in an errata box & was screwing up an otherwise awesome article on the Dinant HASL..

So I decided the best course was fixing Carl's edits & update the article & resending the issue, which is easy in pdf.

We also added an SSR onto the RO scenario from Andy, defining the 8+1 which is in VotG but not the standard rules.

So bottom line is I am sending a revised & updated copy of #50, see attached in your e-mail if still a subscriber.

We proof these newsletters for 2 or 3 weeks & still stuff can leak through, most of the time the errata box is enough to take care of it, this I felt was not & needed more. We do are best but are human.

So enjoy the updated copy & delete the original so as not to get confused.

Thanks again for your understanding, interest & continued support, it is much appreciated.

Take care & Enjoy! Be safe & well, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thank you so much for telling us! Appreciate the attempts to maintain a high quality product!
God knows we try, it maybe an Amateur ASL Newsletter but we take it very seriously, only because it is now a pdf Issue can I do this, if still pushing a paper product, you would just see an expanded errata box next time in #51.

Just glad we were able to fix this & get a clean copy back out to everyone.

Enjoy! Vic.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
God knows we try, it maybe an Amateur ASL Newsletter but we take it very seriously, only because it is now a pdf Issue can I do this, if still pushing a paper product, you would just see an expanded errata box next time in #51.

Just glad we were able to fix this & get a clean copy back out to everyone.

Enjoy! Vic.
This is a huge advantage of digital distribution and I'm thrilled you're taking advantage of it.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
This is a huge advantage of digital distribution and I'm thrilled you're taking advantage of it.
Glad to help Spencer, Carl was truly bummed this leaked through in his original article & I agreed to resend an edited issue than just going the errata box route, makes the article truly gold & glad we could fix it.

PDF does have its advantages as times and I truly care about the content of the newsletter & how hard people help me to get it out each time.

Thanks again for your continued interest & support, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
If anybody else who thinks they are still an active subscriber but did not receive Dispatch #50,
Please contact me directly at the below e-mail (Not a PM here, I get to my e-mail much faster).

aslbunker@aol.com

Thanks in advance for anyone who needs an issue or wants in, see the details at the
ASL Emporium link here at the forums, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, I'm still having stragglers contact me about Dispatch #50 which went out earlier in October, if you still think you have an active subscription but did not get a copy of Dispatches from the Bunker #50, please e-mail at the address below & I'll check your status & get back to you.

aslbunker@aol.com

Thanks again for your interest & support, find complete details in the ASL Emporium link here at the ASL Forums, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, just a quick update & last call for anyone who did not get Issue #50 but thinks they are still an active subscriber to Dispatches.

If you have not received your copy, Please e-mail me at: aslbunker@aol.com

Meanwhile we are starting the playtest for Dispatch #51, due out in late March.

I'll be placing a call for playtesters after we take a good look at them now through the holidays, so look for a call for help in early 2021.

Anyone with any questions can either e-mail me at the address above or go to the ASL Emporium sub-forum here & click on my monthly update, then scroll to the bottom of the last page for complete details.

Thanks again for all your interest, consideration & support, your ASL Comrade, Vic.