Questions on VASL 6.6.0

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Hi, just upgraded to VASL 6.6.0 and VASSAL 3.4.3. All is going smoothly, but a few quirks which I am sure are my fault/ignorance:

- The font seems to have increased, and thus I don't see the whole bar of counters on top. How can I fix this?

- What happened to the Ctrl-left click "Here" thingy?

- When I clone a stack (pops up on top) and move it around it places itself as a single unit, not a stack. Is this a feature?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi, just upgraded to VASL 6.6.0 and VASSAL 3.4.3. All is going smoothly, but a few quirks which I am sure are my fault/ignorance:

- The font seems to have increased, and thus I don't see the whole bar of counters on top. How can I fix this?
Problem has beenidentified. Search for solution underway.
- What happened to the Ctrl-left click "Here" thingy?
It is now a Preference

- When I clone a stack (pops up on top) and move it around it places itself as a single unit, not a stack. Is this a feature?
Problem has been identified. Solution has been identified and is in testing mode. Expect a 6.6.1 release soon which will contain the fix.

VASL6.6.0 was built with VASSAL3.4.2. Use VASSAL3.4.3 at your own risk.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Thanks for all the work!

I also noticed that when I move a unit with a concealment counter sometimes the concealment will go away.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So far, with my fix applied, I cannot replicate a ? stack losing ?. This is good news!
Is there going to be an additional release with this fix? Just checking...

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, 6.6.1 should come out shortly. I am hoping to include a fix for those experiencing fuzzy images and odd sizing of their toolbar. It is being worked on. I don't want to hold up 6.6.1 too long because the stack bug makes play very difficult. So, I will wait a bit but not long.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
There is still this point. Is it a vasl, vassal or even windows issue?

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There is still this point. Is it a vasl, vassal or even windows issue?

The font in what UI elements? Changed from which version to which version? Screenshots showing before and after would help.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Let's see if this works. Here is a screenshot of VASL 6.5.0 and 6.6.1 one on top of the other. As you can see the toolbar is larger in 6.6.1 and hence the level counters end up "off screen". When I open VASSAL the associated windows also are of different size, thus it might be a issue with that and not VASL.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
If you want a quick workaround, set your VASL to not use a Combined window and you'll find the toolbar will wrap "better".
Alternately, you can compress some of the rip-off counters into a popup menu (ala residual) so that they don't consume so much space.
The first option is obviously the fastest and easiest to reverse at some future date.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
If you want a quick workaround, set your VASL to not use a Combined window and you'll find the toolbar will wrap "better".
Alternately, you can compress some of the rip-off counters into a popup menu (ala residual) so that they don't consume so much space.
The first option is obviously the fastest and easiest to reverse at some future date.
Thank you. But I am too ignorant to know how to "set ... VASL to not use a Combined window".