Swedish Volunteers?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just ordered a copy

wish it was available in the UK though.
Going to get Roma and Best of Friends 2 from Second Chance Games when they get them up :)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it appears from the images available on MMP's Facebook page that the Swedish Volunteer counters are either German colored or close to German colored as opposed to the blue on white counters of the original. If so, is there anything to distinguish the set of counters as SVs? Asking for a friend with a counter storage addiction ...

T34

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llFrance
So it appears from the images available on MMP's Facebook page that the Swedish Volunteer counters are either German colored or close to German colored as opposed to the blue on white counters of the original. If so, is there anything to distinguish the set of counters as SVs? Asking for a friend with a counter storage addiction ...
Someone pointed out that you remove all blue on white counters in the Rally Phase and so the Swedes were losing every scenario pretty early on...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Well, you'll easily discern the difference immediately, when the counters begin to talk.

That should do for a convincing explanation if your friend really has a counter storage addiction... ?

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My counters talk to me all the time, it's when they make sense I WORRY!

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Yes, the counters have different color, values, and depictions than German color.

Here's the difference - this is from proofing pdf-files, so if kind of deoends on how it looks on the actual printets of course.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That makes my "friend" happy.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Swedish have a 5-4-8 squad, similar to the Germans, but the Swedish is 1st Line - not Elite. So no risk on confusion there.
Swedish 2nd Line is a 4-4-7 - same as the Germans, but the German 4-4-7 have underline Range - the Swedish do not.
The last Swedish MMC is a 4-3-7, and the German have none of those.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At one point I experimented with printing my own set of SV counters and thought the blue on white problematic with the info counters. So I tried a yellow field with blue border (both desaturated from the Swedish flag) and the result didn't make me immediately vomit ...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I was wondering if they would be yellow figures-numbers on navy blue (i.e. darker that the French blue), but I apparently was wrong.
Not sure yellow-on-blue would be a good enough contrast. The Turn marker is that way though.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
At one point I experimented with printing my own set of SV counters and thought the blue on white problematic with the info counters. So I tried a yellow field with blue border (both desaturated from the Swedish flag) and the result didn't make me immediately vomit ...
I've played all but one of the original SV scenarios, and I never once had an problem with the original blue-on-white counters, not did any of my opponent.

Last edited: