Bounding Fire Blackpool - November 2020

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Venues matter to me.
Me too. Which is why I would love to go to the Blackpool tourney.

Apparently the only people in the hotel are people playing ASL. I cannot think of
many other tournaments where that was true. The proprietor of the hotel makes
wonderful food. The gaming area is large and well lit.

Plus, the people who are there range in ability from excellent to average (like me).
But they are all a lot of fun to play.

Martin and Simon: good luck with things. I sincerely hope you keep the tournament
going for at least a few more years. At that time I will likely be (semi)retired and will be
able to come to Blackpool. It's always fun to catch up with the wonderful community
you have helped to sustain.

Without exception, I have enjoyed my trips to the UK (11 of them) for ASL/holiday. I
have made some wonderful friends by doing so. I even met Martin Mayers. :)

Organising a successful tournament is not easy. It is made easier if the attendees
are kind and forgiving. I am lucky in that, when I've organised a tournament here in
Calgary, the other players are so good-natured that they will overlook small hiccoughs.

The reality is that, no matter what you do, someone will gripe. If it were me, I would
contact the organisers privately and make a concrete suggestion for improvement,
rather than simply complaining in a public-ish forum. In public, I would be supportive
(even though I might not attend).

Support is what organisers need. And a word of thanks. Or ten.

indy

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I have been advised by a Moderator of Gamesquad not to make any negative comments regarding Blackpool, any venue in Blackpool, the food in Blackpool. But I have been told that the off-site Kebab is excellent. :) .
I, not the moderators, asked politely that you not rubbish Blackpool or our venue on a thread specifically aimed at promoting the tournament in Blackpool.

I honestly didn't think I was asking too much.