MMP version of the LFT Rat Pocket Charts in the pipeline?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
I wish MMP could sell thousands of ASL modules, Rule books and more ASL!
If they would have kept their core modules in stock they would have sold more (to me?).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
you lost me.???. Please explain and remember that I am relatively new to the game???
As the terrain chart listed a -1 DRM vs units on a Bridge, not clearly related to FFMO, there was a ruling that it was additional to it (quite like along a runway).
Players howled their discontent and MMP reverted to a simple FFMO DRM.
It is about the only "error" that MMP may have made.
But one could consider that their initial decision was acceptable : crossing a bridge (most often made of stone, concrete and iron) is a fairly dangerous affair, more than moving in a larger portion of open ground...
But the case is closed now.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
LOL - som jag skrev - upp till var och en att avgöra - med andra ord - en icke-fråga.
If you need a course in Swedish, please contact

Gustavus Adolphus College
800 W. College Ave
St. Peter, MN 56082
USA

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
It is about the only "error" that MMP may have made.
Good to know. I was afraid that their business decision NOT to prioritise keeping of all core module in stock was an ”error”. Now we know that this was a deliberate act.???

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Hehe... So when can we expect the first ASL tournament on a beach of white sands, under palm trees, and with crystal blue water?

von Marwitz
How about you and me organizing something at the KdF-Seebad Rügen.

I am not sure about the palms, but the rest will be ok. Side trip to Peenemünde.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi;

Glad you're OK with it Xavier.
Of course I am. :)

If it were me I would have wanted someone from MMP just to ask if it was OK to copy the product
Well, 90 % of the charts are ASL charts, so they are not our property, but theirs. What is ours is the Rat itself, as well as some designs and organization of several / many tables, but nothing else. The Rat Charts are not meant "to be used for any tactical wargame using bla bla bla....", you know what I mean. They are only for ASL players.

A nice thing would be MMP asking for using the Rat. ;)

It would have been the polite thing to do.
That's what they did when asking us the authorization to use (and publish, and sell) the Bocage overlays that had been previously published in Tactiques, quite a long time ago now... and of course our answer had been "yes please", without asking for any "royalties" or any $$$ (by that time, everything was smoother and the players were still getting to know each other around the world and starting to realize there was some light at the end of the tunnel, after AH had ceased to exist as a wargame company...). Same went for the scenarios of LFT 7, several of them being published in one of the ASL Journals for free (I may have received one complimentary copy of that journal IIRW, Journal 7). And we were happy with it.

Oh well, as I have written and said many times, the aim is to support the hobby and provide more scenarios and historical situations that we have been able to research and develop for several years.

Best,

X

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hehe... So when can we expect the first ASL tournament on a beach of white sands, under palm trees, and with crystal blue water?
Hmmmm..... a few years ago, one had been organized in Siem Reap, Cambodia :) No white sand but a lot of palm trees and coconuts :)

X

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hmmmm..... a few years ago, one had been organized in Siem Reap, Cambodia :) No white sand but a lot of palm trees and coconuts :)

X
I had a ball riding on the back of Raphael's motorbike and standing in the middle of the street having beers with a group of tut-tut drivers. We waited around for you, we did.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Good to know. I was afraid that their business decision NOT to prioritise keeping of all core module in stock was an ”error”. Now we know that this was a deliberate act.???
And I am sure that you are not deliberately expressing a stupid p.o.v. on a situation that you have no means to judge properly. ???

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
And I am sure that you are not deliberately expressing a stupid p.o.v. on a situation that you have no means to judge properly. ???
You are right, I know very little about the internal finances of MMP or any other ASL related vendor (although one such vendor sent me a somewhat revealing document/printout from MMP by mistake, no idea how it landed in my box).

I will say the following, though. In my former professional life I never met a successful sales executive who would have accepted the statement ”80% of our core products are out of stock right now but just tell the customer that we will deliver them to him eventually” (Note: I have Never been in sales, my personality would never have allowed me to sell “shit”.)

I do realize that MMP is run by people who burn for what they are doing, and who love the hobby/game, and they deserve all the credit for that. They, and their helpers around the world, are masters at Developing rules and designing games. Kudos. It is also my understanding that they have engaged a maybe more business- or logistically-oriented person part-time or as a consultant, and I even believe I know his name. This sounds promising. Maybe I have mIssed it, but I would love to read a statement on any changes in their business practices (not that I have any right to see any such plans, but this could possibly stop my occasional “bitching” on this matter).

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You are right, I know very little about the internal finances of MMP or any other ASL related vendor (although one such vendor sent me a somewhat revealing document/printout from MMP by mistake, no idea how it landed in my box).

I will say the following, though. In my former professional life I never met a successful sales executive who would have accepted the statement ”80% of our core products are out of stock right now but just tell the customer that we will deliver them to him eventually” (Note: I have Never been in sales, my personality would never have allowed me to sell “shit”.)

I do realize that MMP is run by people who burn for what they are doing, and who love the hobby/game, and they deserve all the credit for that. They, and their helpers around the world, are masters at Developing rules and designing games. Kudos. It is also my understanding that they have engaged a maybe more business- or logistically-oriented person part-time or as a consultant, and I even believe I know his name. This sounds promising. Maybe I have mIssed it, but I would love to read a statement on any changes in their business practices (not that I have any right to see any such plans, but this could possibly stop my occasional “bitching” on this matter).
I have been in sales / sales management all my life. I know I’d love to work for a company where I can go : ”whatever you need, you should buy now ‘cause we always sell everything out in a few months”.

Everything.

I’d love to be in a business whose working capital is as liquid and not tied down in unsold inventory that does nothing but eat interest and rent sitting in dark corners.

But what do I know?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sounds logical to complete the package....
yeah, sounds like it makes sense right enough
not sure if I will buy it though, (I'll get the new pocket rulebook and pocket Chapter H) as I already have the new LFT rat charts

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I’d love to be in a business whose working capital is as liquid and not tied down in unsold inventory that does nothing but eat interest and rent sitting in dark corners.
It is also worth mentioning that the State of Maryland where MMP is based has tax laws that make holding inventory extremely unattractive. At least that is my understanding.

It took them multiple years of paying those taxes to work through the inventory of Yanks (a core module) that they inherited from AH/Monarch.

But what do I know?
More than most I suspect.