MMP version of the LFT Rat Pocket Charts in the pipeline?

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
They get better each time.........practice makes perfect:)
Then let's hope MMP will release the final and "perfect" edition (although without the Rat, I doubt it (pun intended ;) ). The whole LFT crew will of course buy it, as every official release, and will stop publishing any further RPC version, proudly satisfied of eventually seeing an official version of such a handy booklet. Ditto for what happened with Deluxe, after our release of LFT's Deluxe pack 1 (another little pun).

Same goes for the e-ALSRB. I think I have already seen (and used) 15 different versions, and everybody is expecting the official one to BUY it.

Best,

X

Last edited:

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Then let's hope MMP will release the final and "perfect" edition (although without the Rat, I doubt it (pun intended ;) ). The whole LFT crew will of course buy it, as every official release, and will stop publishing any further RPC version, proudly satisfied of eventually seeing an official version of such a handy booklet. Ditto for what happened with Deluxe, after our release of LFT's Deluxe pack 1 (another little pun).

Same goes for the e-ALSRB. I think I have already seen 15 different versions, and everybody is expecting the official one to BUY it.
I love your style, did you write this posting before or after you sent your CV to Charlie Hebdo? Or did you get some tactical training by Nigel Farage?

Seriously, I absolutely love the latest version of the Rats Charts. Now also with Korea. My only complaint is that I got that wonderful LC Attack Table only half a year AFTER I started to regularly play beach landings. And I thought that it was mostly MMP that was late with most everything ;).

I have the feeling that the LFT Rats Chart, now with 52 instead of 36 pages, will remain so much more than a collection of miniaturized chapter dividers (with or without the bundled Reading Glasses :) ). But I can be proven wrong, again.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
MMP is making a pocket version of the ASL charts/dividers to go along with our pocket ASLRB and pocket Chapter H.
So we are talking about two completely different products. Like Starter Kit vs. Full ASL;)

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Or did you get some tactical training by Nigel Farage?
That leftist? ?

More seriously too, the RPCs have just been done as a handy booklet for helping us, ASLers, to have most of the charts at hand and in a small format.

Ideally, the size should have been the same as the Pocket Rulebook. So I say it again, I hope MMP will release THE perfect version, perfect size (and perfect prize?) for all of us.

Cheers,

X

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Jazz, to be honest, I don't know what changes (if any) were made to these charts. I know they are based on the charts that were printed earlier this year. I will see if I can find out.
Thanks Scott.

There were not many problems with the MMP charts/dividers, but there were some.

Looking at the compiled Q&A there is most of a page devoted to "ASOP, IIFT, Index, QRDC"

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Then let's hope MMP will release the final and "perfect" edition
Xavier - thank you for helping me see sense. I've ordered yours from Second Chance Games and look forward to using it.

Many thanks to you and your team for all the hard work that goes into producing such good stuff.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I bought the original LFT one. So tell me, how many times has it been redone, 4, 5 times and people buy all the new ones. That's nuts. I'll wait for the mmp one.
This latest one is the fourth version ( unless you include the prototype one ). with the Korean war stuff added there is more added every time hence why people buy it , it is smaller than the official charts and takes up less room when attending tourneys also handy to have it all in one package as opposed to dividers all the way through the huge heavy rulebook

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This latest one is the fourth version ( unless you include the prototype one ). with the Korean war stuff added there is more added every time hence why people buy it , it is smaller than the official charts and takes up less room when attending tourneys also handy to have it all in one package as opposed to dividers all the way through the huge heavy rulebook
Yes. It is worth every penny.

MMP can produce their own, and kudos for doing so. I just don't see why.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
MMP can produce their own, and kudos for doing so. I just don't see why.
To make money, just like all their other products.

My sense of it, based on conversations here and elsewhere, is that ASL consumers have always been more likely to pay for an "official" product over an unofficial one. It's MMP's property, it's not unreasonable for them to want to be the ones making money off of it.

Putting together a set of flip charts is trivially easy compared to their other projects. The research is already done, it's just a matter of laying it out for publication. In fact, they have several LFT versions that serve as third party beta tests.

A friend of mine has the LFT charts, I was never motivated to get them preferring to use the "official" charts. The only flip charts I would consider would be published by MMP.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Xavier is going to be upset.................
The one tournament I went to showed how popular the LFT charts are. I admire the layout and utility of them myself. I'm positive Xavier did fantastic work on them, as he does with all his products. It is a fact though that he proved there is a market for this product, and if MMP prefers to have its own brand on it, I think it's the chance a third party takes in unique circumstances like this where someone else's IP is being vended.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi :)

Xavier is going to be upset.................
Why would I? In fact, LFT would be extremely happy if MMP releases official charts. And as I wrote above, there would be no more Rat Pocket charts if the goal is achieved. My lone fear is that they may be uglier, without Rats... ;)

MMP decided to make a reprint of Deluxe after we released LFT Deluxe pack 1. I bet the hobby was happy about it, specially the Deluxe fans who'd been left apart for maaaaaaaaany years because the large hexes were not as successful as expected. So if thanks to several TTP like us, everything is heading the right direction, why the heck should I be upset? :) I wish MMP could sell thousands of ASL modules, Rule books and more ASL!

Remember that extra -1 drm for bridge crossing? Listening to the Hobby is sometimes just this: being wise.

All the best,

X

PS: by the way, LFT island in the Pacific Ocean is nearly paid, so we're not doing this for money, as you all know :LOL::devilish:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
PS: by the way, LFT island in the Pacific Ocean is nearly paid, so we're not doing this for money, as you all know :LOL::devilish:
Hehe... So when can we expect the first ASL tournament on a beach of white sands, under palm trees, and with crystal blue water?

von Marwitz

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why would I?
Glad you're OK with it Xavier.

If it were me I would have wanted someone from MMP just to ask if it was OK to copy the product. It would have been the polite thing to do.

A bit of co-ordination might have been of benefit to everyone as well. Second Chance Games have just reduced their price from GBP£42 to GBP£35 on the new Rat Pocket Charts:

because they have a stock of 100 and do not want to be left with that amount when the MMP product comes out.

So players have to choose between which product to buy (on very limited information from MMP - like none), suppliers could be left with stock nobody wants...........

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
If it were me I would have wanted someone from MMP just to ask if it was OK to copy the product. It would have been the polite thing to do.
You are just too British and too polite, Joe. No wonder you lost the empire ???.

How about apologizing PROFOUNDLY to Martin? A mere “It was not my intention to cause offense” seems a bit Scandinavian to me, do you not agree????

LFT needs no apology, they have a superior product whereas MMP, according to themselves, have a miniaturized copy of the chapter dividers. wow.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As I have understood it, MMP is releasing the various Dividers/Chart - as is (in the official format as included in various official products) - in a spiral bound version, so I don't quite see how they are copying something.

Whether one thinks this is a better format than anything else published earlier is up to each and everyone to decide. Talk about a "strorm i ett vatten glas". :)

Last edited:

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Whether one thinks this is a better format than anything else published earlier is up to each and everyone to decide. Talk about a "strorm i ett vatten glas". :)
Stormen skall nog avtaga så snart alla ser hur inferiör MMP-produkten är!!!

Despite my own criticism, founded by paying mucho money for out-of print Core modules when I started ASL four years ago, I sometimes feel sorry for MMP. But then I remember that I once was in business myself, and that I do not understand their business practices.?