Less Intense US Colors

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Why not create an option in VASL that will let you choose between them? Or for that matter, let the user assign his own colours?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"OD Green"? - ah. Olive Drab. Hm. Thank you for your input. Your input is very important to us.

I got this color by starting with the RGB color from the Texas-ASL site, then making it a little brighter. It may be just a tad dark, to me, but it's certainly closer to what I think we should have than what we had.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A bit less neon look very good to me!

But on the other hand, I like the German SS counters less black and more blue...

von Marwitz

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
"OD Green"? - ah. Olive Drab. Hm. Thank you for your input. Your input is very important to us.

I got this color by starting with the RGB color from the Texas-ASL site, then making it a little brighter. It may be just a tad dark, to me, but it's certainly closer to what I think we should have than what we had.
If a slightly darker green is "too" dark, affecting the black artwork and numbers go with what you have posted above.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Perhaps even a touch more OD Green if possible.
You can make it greener, you can make it browner, you can make it lighter, you can make it darker - but you can't make it "more Olive Drab" because OD is not a specific value. It's already OD.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Making the Usaians less fluorescent would be fine.
Older versions of VASL allowed players tune the colours of their units: it also could be nice to reintroduce that feature - if possible of course.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
You can make it greener, you can make it browner, you can make it lighter, you can make it darker - but you can't make it "more Olive Drab" because OD is not a specific value. It's already OD.

View attachment 14767
For Tom,

OD Green is the bestest.. :love: "Browner" is too Japanesee :unsure: and Greener is just too,...toooo,....too woke ?.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll talk with Doug and we'll see if we can somehow make a less-fluorescent version available. A little brighter/lighter than what I showed above, but not quite so... AMERICAN.

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I've learned anything here on gamesquad, it's that these folks LOVE completely unnecessary two-tone counters; I would stick with the half-and-half counters.