At last! I have reached the ASL page

Johnne

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Hello everybody,

I have a lot of experience with this hobby, though it has been a while.

I am on the East Coast in the US.

I have been playing a few games on VASSAL, but haven't gotten a chance to play SL / ASL on VASL yet.

I look forward to an opportunity, for sure.

Also, is there a ladder?

Thanks!

~John

Last edited:

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Welcome John

Whats you time zone? Thats important to get opponent. Im in Europe.

Now Im a bit busy for 10/15 days or so, but if you dont find opponent by then, just send me a private message.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hello everybody,

I have a lot of experience with this hobby, though it has been a while.
I have been playing a few games on VASSAL, but haven't gotten a chance to play SL / ASL on VASL yet.
I look forward to an opportunity, for sure.

Also, is there a ladder?
Thanks!
~John
Welcome to the fold here, John!

VASL is great. All of a sudden, you have opponents to play all around the world basically any time of the day.
This forum is a good spot to find opponents.

As for a ladder - there are some ranking lists.

First of all, there is the successor of the old AREA list. This list is based on games played at ASL tournaments only. If you ask me, this is the most reliable list out there, although it is lacking entries of the past few years while the old AREA was defunct. Entries are fed into this list only via tournament directors as far as I know. The new ASL-Ratings list can be found here.

Then, there is another ranking list on the ASL Scenario Archive website, which ranks among the finest ASL resources in the net. Into this list, anyone who registered to the website can enter their games. This list can be found here.

While I am at it - check out these websites, too:

ROAR allows you to record your game and rate them. This is the most comprehensive site to find out scenario ratings and helps you deteremine if a scenario is balanced by looking at the win/loss ratio of its playings. Anyone who registered can enter games and many players make this their habit for the general benefit of the community. That said, you can also rate games and keep your record at the ASL Scenario Archive, which I do, too.

The website of the Texas ASL Club is one of the best places for ASL related downloads I know of. Player Aids, comprehensive plans/systems for counter storage with labels etc. - a whole useful plethora of things.

Also recommendable is the Desperation Morale website which does a very good job in documenting what components are actually inside many ASL products along with an impression of the product by Mark Pitcavage, who runs the site.

Cheers and have fun!
von Marwitz

Johnne

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Welcome John

Whats you time zone? Thats important to get opponent. Im in Europe.

Now Im a bit busy for 10/15 days or so, but if you dont find opponent by then, just send me a private message.
Thank you, Juan, will do! I am on the East Coast, US. Talk to you soon! ~John