dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Crumple.

Mike MacIntyer. We spent a year and a half in Stalingrad playing God only knows how many Campaigns Games. Our first scenario together was Last Bid.

Good times, when we wuz younger

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
vASL might be something the importance of which, people whom have been strongly affected by it, probably over-estimate.

For me, personally, vASL got me back into ASL after 20 years of married bliss with a wife who thought wargames were stupid and controlled me to an extent that I could not play (until I killed her and buried her under a pillar on a raised area of the M62 got divorced). vASL brought me back into the fold. Encouraged me to step back into the FtF scene, then the FtF tournament scene. And I now run one of the three UK tournaments and have made some very good friends within the community. And I battle to remain in the top echelons of the UK league tables, having been absolutely crap at the game during my original run at it.

So, for me, vASL was THE major game changer in my life. But, as you say, most ASL players don't use it and probably never have.
I remember that in the news: The mystery of the M62 killer!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This thread has gone whacko. It's just become silly. Here's a comparison that is as important as how many know about VASL.

On the sub there was a raging debate about whether you fold or crumple the toilet paper after defecating. Feel free to offer your opinion.?
The principles of concurrent activity I've learned in the military tell me it is far more efficient to do it "while" defecating rather than after.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The principles of concurrent activity I've learned in the military tell me it is far more efficient to do it "while" defecating rather than after.
I'll give it a try but not quite as dexterous as I once was.

Last edited:

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Is that covered in the scenario designer's guide (or is it handbook)?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Gave it a try. Remember that old saying: Wish in one hand and s__t in the other and see which one gets filled first. I have the answer ☹

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I went to a tournament under my real name, and people also wondered : "Who is this guy?"
At least they weren't wrong about my gender - but one can consider that it was an educated guess.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I could join you in that Euro tourney as Nod Vozal we could say we just finished learning ASLSK1 and want to play full ASL lol
When Trebor and Nod show up at an event the other attendees know they are in for a tough time!

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Way back, before the internet. I had a idea. I would go to a European ASL tournament in disguise under the name Trebor Sidneb. I would hope to cause a stir like “Who the hell is this guy? “. Then Trebor would disappear.
This was when internet was already around in 2004 but I have a real life example close to this. I was in Business trip in Massachusetts in spring of 2004 around the time of No'easter tournament. So I registered and flew back on Monday instead of going back on Saturday.

My first game was against Gary Trezza who until I met him was sure a Finnish guy named " Tuomo Lukkari" was a joke pulled on him by the organizers - he could not believe I was for real until we actually shook hands before the game!

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was when internet was already around in 2004 but I have a real life example close to this. I was in Business trip in Massachusetts in spring of 2004 around the time of No'easter tournament. So I registered and flew back on Monday instead of going back on Saturday.

My first game was against Gary Trezza who until I met him was sure a Finnish guy named " Tuomo Lukkari" was a joke pulled on him by the organizers - he could not believe I was for real until we actually shook hands before the game!
I don't know about shake hands, but I saw how they do shots! Boy, we put away a few shots of liquor at the bar that night...LOL!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could join you in that Euro tourney as Nod Vozal we could say we just finished learning ASLSK1 and want to play full ASL lol
Kinda like Tony Clifton, lololol, inspired.

Last edited: