Do Conscripts cower with leader direction?

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I am not hoping nor wanting jrv to come back.
He was a notch lower than Klas as a rules guru.
And his slamming the door of this forum confirmed some bad side of his personality.
That said, I still appreciated his answers to rules questions.
What GS drama did I miss?

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I also missed that drama...

BUT I will never agree with the rules gurus (I will not name him) of the meaning at the back of the counter of the italian L3/35.

Stun=recall & CE/FP NA

I think that AFV cannot shoot if it is CE, ALWAYS, not only when stunned!!

THAT WAS A REAL DRAMA TO ME!!!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I also missed that drama...

BUT I will never agree with the rules gurus (I will not name him) of the meaning at the back of the counter of the italian L3/35.

Stun=recall & CE/FP NA

I think that AFV cannot shoot if it is CE, ALWAYS, not only when stunned!!

THAT WAS A REAL DRAMA TO ME!!!
It is not the rules gurus point of view.
It is the Italian vehicle note E.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It is not the rules gurus point of view.
It is the Italian vehicle note E.
I think that Italian MAVN E is not the point of Juan SantaX.

It says:

E If stunned, this AFV may not regain CE status, may not fire any weapon, and is Recalled as per D5.341; these are signified by "Stun=Recall & CE/FP NA" on the counter. The BMG, if present, may fire while the vehicle is HD - as signified by "BMG HD FP ok" on the counter.

I believe that he is fine with the vehicle not being able to fire any weapon and not being able to regain CE status after having been Stunned.

What he challenges is the GO vehicle being able to fire its MA (a twin BMG) in CE status. This is fine by the rules and counter depiction, but he apparently has his doubts looking at the real thing. Here are some pictures of it:

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Non sequitur, I've seen people with riding lawn mowers bigger than that thing. ?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
This is fine by the rules and counter depiction
That is all I need to play, and rules gurus would certainly only answer along the RAW, not after their idea of how the game could be designed in a possibly better way.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I think that Italian MAVN E is not the point of Juan SantaX.

It says:

E If stunned, this AFV may not regain CE status, may not fire any weapon, and is Recalled as per D5.341; these are signified by "Stun=Recall & CE/FP NA" on the counter. The BMG, if present, may fire while the vehicle is HD - as signified by "BMG HD FP ok" on the counter.

I believe that he is fine with the vehicle not being able to fire any weapon and not being able to regain CE status after having been Stunned.

What he challenges is the GO vehicle being able to fire its MA (a twin BMG) in CE status. This is fine by the rules and counter depiction, but he apparently has his doubts looking at the real thing. Here are some pictures of it:

View attachment 14285

View attachment 14286

View attachment 14287

von Marwitz
Yep, looks awesome... And that helmets are priceless!

I found while I was clipping my counters this... But was from an old AH edition...

I thought It gave me the reason.... But the rules are the rules... And the gurus are the gurus...

But those that make the rules also make mistakes ;l

Attachments

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
How is that not a +3 TH DRM??
My goddamn DOG is bigger than that....

What crazy bastards drove those things?? HOLY SHIT!!!

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And what was that? Being unhappy that someone would silently change the content of his post and imply it was what he said? That someone would delete his post without speaking to him about it? Bad side of his personality indeed. ?? -- jim
I've known JRV for a long time; as a regular attender of JR Brackin's Basement Bash, and my WO roommate for many years. I don't really understand the problems that caused him to leave Game Squad, but I know that whatever he had to say about the rules was shared in the interest of good play. Yes, there were times he could be a little snarky, but there are other GS members that fit that description. I'm always glad to have the input of our recognized Rules Gurus, but I am sorry this group doesn't have JR's input anymore.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I've known JRV for a long time; as a regular attender of JR Brackin's Basement Bash, and my WO roommate for many years. I don't really understand the problems that caused him to leave Game Squad, but I know that whatever he had to say about the rules was shared in the interest of good play. Yes, there were times he could be a little snarky, but there are other GS members that fit that description. I'm always glad to have the input of our recognized Rules Gurus, but I am sorry this group doesn't have JR's input anymore.
JR is very active on Discord. -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
JR is very active on Discord. -- jim
So I have heard.

FB, Discord etc. may offer new channels of communication that might have certain advantages. I still prefer the good old forums.

One 'drawback' of new channels evolving every three or four years or so: The community tends to gradually split up more and more. To cover all these would turn into a very time-consuming buisiness. Dunno how many used GS forum as their prime ASL hang-out 10 years ago, but I bet the percentage is less today due to the phenomenon I have described. I have witnessed similar things for other forums.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
One 'drawback' of new channels evolving every three or four years ago: The community tends to gradually split up more and more. To cover all these would turn into a very time-consuming buisiness. Dunno how many used GS forum as their prime ASL hang-out 10 years ago, but I bet the percentage is less today due to the phenomenon I have described. I have witnessed similar things for other forums.
Things change. It wasn't that long ago that everyone had a buggy whip too. -- jim

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Discord and Game Squad have different strengths. For rules, Game Squad is a searchable ASL database going back 15+ years.... Discord offers NOTHING comparable. Many, and I mean many of JRVs rules posts here were not posts in the ordinary sense but carefully composed, custom made, player-aids. How anyone can suggest losing him from Games Squad is anything other than a significant loss is beyond me.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
So JRV RANDOMLY left GS???
I have yet to read a description of WHY he left...instead I see..."I don't know why but he's missed"

Whatever....Maybe THAT'S why he left...Not answered.... ?