Country
llCanada
Get it at vasl.info

New in version 6.5.1

Counters, lots of lovely Counters:

The CdG/Dinant counters are added in this release

Bug fixes:

There a number of bug fixes to the KFW counters added in 6.5.0

The EC/Weather counter labels can now be changed/removed and several bugs are fixed

A missing acquisition counter was added to the QC bar acquisition dropdown

Change to the Counter Search algorithm to allow for more near misses to produce a result (eg. partials like "mine" should find minefield counters.

Important Notice:

VASL6.5.1 and VASL6.5.0 will NOT work with VASSAL3.3.2. Stick with VASSAL3.2.17.

VASL6.5.1 will be the LAST version to work with VASSAL3.2.17. No further updates or bug fixes will be issued for this configuration.

We are working to produce VASL6.x.x which will work with VASSAL3.3.2. It should come out very shortly and will have all the functionality of VASL6.5.1.

Remember: it is possible to have both VASSAL3.2.17 running VASL6.5.1 AND VASSAL3.3.2 running VASL6.x.x on your device at the same time. It is not an either/or choice.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Doug,
I downloaded your .zip file, and now I cannot remember how to open it. Hints please?

I tried rewriting it as a .gif file - no workee!

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
I downloaded your .zip file, and now I cannot remember how to open it. Hints please?
It's a VASSAL module, not a map.

Inside the ZIP you will find a file called vasl-6.5.1.vmod. Extract that file and put it somewhere (e.g. wherever you've got your current .vmod file). Then, in VASSAL (not VASL), open the module file.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
?I still cannot get VASL 5.6.1 to to load! It keeps saying something about "Unnamed Module" and then refuses to load it. I tried the VASL 101 install, but no luck! Any suggestions! I really, really want to get this module, and I want to get it to work (you've done a terrific job of selling it, btw!) and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here!t

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
? Gentlemen, I do not know how I did it, but I FINALLY got 6.5.1 into VASL, and now I can start looking at all those pretty, pretty counters you've been telling me about! It may have had something to do with a VASSAL shortcut on my desktop.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Thx 4 the "Like". Now if I just knew how I managed to do that bit of Voodoo, I would be a much happier man.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
A misunderstanding. I "Liked" the comment BigAl made. What I didn't understand (and still don't) is how I got VASL6.5.1 to show up where it was supposed to!

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A misunderstanding. I "Liked" the comment BigAl made. What I didn't understand (and still don't) is how I got VASL6.5.1 to show up where it was supposed to!
As with many things in life, ASL and VASL included, I’d rather be lucky than good ?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
When you install a version of VASL it won’t automatically show up in the vassal window. If that is the case you can:

1. navigate to the vasl module, double-click it and it will open. From then on it will be in the vassal window.

2. open the vassal window, select file->open module and then navigate to the vasl module’s location, click it and then select open. It will run. From then on it will be in the vassal window.

Both of the above work in Windows. y OS mv.

perhaps you unwittingly did one of the above?

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Not only that, but I unwittingly did it again! (OOPS!). Now, I have TOO copies of 6.5.1!! AARRGGHH!
Because I am NOT SMART!
What can I say? That luck runs out? That this "auld phartte" is not as smart as he likes to think he is?

Just wait until I try to fire up the 6.6.whatever version. Now, THERE will be some cries of sorrow and lamentation, and much gnashing of teeth, etc,
When I try to go there, I may need to make sure paramedics are standing by.!

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
One More Thing...
In your blurb about "Counters counters counters" you make mention of the Cdg and Dinant counters (Thank yeu!)., and some corrections to some KFW counters. Was there anything else, like black SS counters?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One More Thing...
In your blurb about "Counters counters counters" you make mention of the Cdg and Dinant counters (Thank yeu!)., and some corrections to some KFW counters. Was there anything else, like black SS counters?
In my version of 6.5.1, black ss counters are included (and have been for a very long time). Is there a specific issue?