What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good get!

I managed to score a second hand copy minus counters a few months back. Now I'm waiting for the reprint of FKaC to try it out with fresh, large font British counters.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now I'm waiting for the reprint of FKaC to try it out with fresh, large font British counters.
Same here. When I was first getting started, Chris Brackney gave me a set of WoA counters and Chapter H pages. I'm looking forward to upgrading the counters with the new FKaC (and then passing along the WoA Brits to another person who is getting started).

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Preordered LFT's new Rat Pack charts. My charts are looking a little beat up so wanted to give this a try.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
CH #1. Back before CH was the CH of today. Got my copy from Rob Wolkey at an early ASLOK shortly after they first came out. Can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was well worth every penny. I read it cover to cover before the weekend was over. That, Fire For Effect, ASL News, the early ASLUG issues, and the first 2 issues of Backblast were very early TPP acquisitions that I probably still have somewhere. Probably a bit smoke stained as they survived a house fire.

I think Wolkey put FFE together - it was kind of a tourney newsletter with tactical articles (no scenarios) IIRC.
ASLUG was Fort's newsletter, with scenarios and great insights from him about his designs or other scenarios. I recall a good piece written by Gary about Bread Factory #2 from RB. My favorite ASL article types have always been scenario analysis such as Fort, Mark Nixon, and others wrote. Applied tactical theory. Great learning tool.
Backblast was put out by the guys who would later become MMP. Some great articles and scenarios in the 2 issues I have. I first ventured into Night scenarios with help from a couple of those articles.