T-shirts

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
I can't be the only person that would give good money for a t-shirt with the Beyond Valor box art on it? Seems like an obvious thing for MMP to sell. Or does their license with Hasbro prohibit that?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I can't be the only person that would give good money for a t-shirt with the Beyond Valor box art on it? Seems like an obvious thing for MMP to sell. Or does their license with Hasbro prohibit that?
Hmmm. I seem to recall I do have a T-Shirt with the Beyond Valor box are on it somewhere...
Must be a veery old Grenadier Tournament T-Shirt.

von Marwitz

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
I have to assume that the Hasbro license is why we don't see them on the website for sale. Seems like a bit of a no-brainer in terms of cashflow

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe if Ken Smith were to do an updated version of the BV box art, I might consider such a T-shirt. Beauty being in the eye of the beholder of course.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
I'll admit I have never been a fan of the 'loud' T-Shirt (big panel pic on front or back). Just an embroidered ASL crest on the left breast would be fine. Earth tones (forest green, brown, black) would be best. I've seen orange T-shirts in the past (Panzer Blitz I think it was),...very hard on the eyes.

Put the crest on a polo shirt with the option to add an embroidered abbreviated module name* (ie: WoA, FKaC, BV, OoB, DB) on the right sleeve cuff or right breast and I would purchase more than one.

*Shorter full names for modules such as Yanks or Rising Sun would work as well.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Still have my and Deborah's Squad Leader t-shirts, a bit threadbare and doesn't fit as well as they did in '82.

Always liked the Oktoberfest '88 t-shirt, an 88.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Stopped wearing T-shirts shortly before my beer belly grew larger then my hips, but I've dropped 180 lb. since then for health, not quite back to seeing abs yet, but I remember where they were, so maybe a T.
Well done you!!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have to assume that the Hasbro license is why we don't see them on the website for sale. Seems like a bit of a no-brainer in terms of cashflow
Color copy places will do one-off t-shirts using custom artwork. If they balk at copyrighted material (even though it is for personal use) you can go to Staples and buy iron-on transfer paper. You're restricted to 8.5" x 11" (the size that will fit into your desktop printer) but you are unlimited in what you can put on it. I've used them, and the ink stands up to the laundry.

Dead easy to use - print out and then iron on. I believe the ones pictured are specifically for cotton t-shirts, but Avery also has iron-on transfer paper intended for heavier materials (like a golf or polo shirt per @The Purist).

Last edited:

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Well I don't own an inkjet printer but I might look into seeing if there is someone local that can do one-off shirts

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Well I don't own an inkjet printer but I might look into seeing if there is someone local that can do one-off shirts
Staples does. If you're near Shawnessy there used to be a copy place by the Co-Op and the registry that did it as well - I had a t-shirt made up there a few years ago. I am sure there are little places all around the city. Some of the engraving and trophy places may be able to do it as well.

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Staples does.
I refuse to use Staples. A few years ago they refused to print out some educational cards from a kids TV show because I wasn't the copyright owner. Got attitude from some 18 year old about IP law.