Immobilized in CC

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Infantry advances into CC against an in motion AFV. Sequential close combat, infantry attacks first immobilizing the AFV. AFV now attacks back, is the CMG firepower factor halved for previously being in motion, or does the CMG attack with full firepower for now being immobilized?

11.62 AFV CC ATTACKS vs INFANTRY: .....All such FP is used to form Odds ratios vs the defender's CCV and uses the CCT black Kill Numbers, and is never increased due to any condition—although it can be halved due to Motion....

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Infantry advances into CC against an in motion AFV. Sequential close combat, infantry attacks first immobilizing the AFV. AFV now attacks back, is the CMG firepower factor halved for previously being in motion, or does the CMG attack with full firepower for now being immobilized?

11.62 AFV CC ATTACKS vs INFANTRY: .....All such FP is used to form Odds ratios vs the defender's CCV and uses the CCT black Kill Numbers, and is never increased due to any condition—although it can be halved due to Motion....
I think you simply have to ask yourself is the vehicle in motion (answer should be NO).
  • D2.4 MOTION STATUS: Any Mobile vehicle (including a boat or amphibian) which has used its entire printed MP allotment during its MPh, without expending a MP to Stop (2.13) or Delay (2.17) at the end of that MPh, is considered in Motion and covered with a Motion counter.....A vehicle's Motion counter is immediately removed when it starts movement in its next MPh or if the vehicle becomes Immobile.

cooljrunner

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Country
llUnited States
Perfect, thanks for taking the time to reply and for the rules reference.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you simply have to ask yourself is the vehicle in motion (answer should be NO).
  • D2.4 MOTION STATUS: Any Mobile vehicle (including a boat or amphibian) which has used its entire printed MP allotment during its MPh, without expending a MP to Stop (2.13) or Delay (2.17) at the end of that MPh, is considered in Motion and covered with a Motion counter.....A vehicle's Motion counter is immediately removed when it starts movement in its next MPh or if the vehicle becomes Immobile.
I was expecting to find your conclusion in the very definition of Sequential CC, and I suppose it is there:

A11.3: "equential attacks need not be pre-designated (i.e., the player may observe the results of each attack before declaring the next one) . . .."