2nd edition German & Russian chpt. H

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My German and Russian chpt. H are dated the year 2000 and they are decidedly 1st edition rules. My 2nd edition Rule Book is dated 2007. Was there a 2nd edition chpt. H for those two countries released with these rules?

Have the Germans and Russians had a release of 2nd edition chpt. H rules? If so when was it released?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
My German and Russian chpt. H are dated the year 2000 and they are decidedly 1st edition rules. My 2nd edition Rule Book is dated 2007. Was there a 2nd edition chpt. H for those two countries released with these rules?

Have the Germans and Russians had a release of 2nd edition chpt. H rules? If so when was it released?
Yes. 2nd Edition comes with updated chapter H. Dunno what happened to yours.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I'm going to have to dig around.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Could you check the date on your 2nd edition chpt. H? Is it later than 2000?
Copyright date is 2000, but it's the larger typeface and the MAVNs are listed at the ends of the vehicle notes. Those are the tell-tales of 2nd Edition chapter H sections. If yours have those, they are not "decidedly 1st Edition rules."

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Copyright date is 2000, but it's the larger typeface and the MAVNs are listed at the ends of the vehicle notes. Those are the tell-tales of 2nd Edition chapter H sections. If yours have those, they are not "decidedly 1st Edition rules."
Guess not; yet in comparison to the later 2nd editions these are looking decidedly old. In particular the images of the vehicles which are much bigger in later 2nd ed. modules.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Guess not; yet in comparison to the later 2nd editions these are looking decidedly old. In particular the images of the vehicles which are much bigger in later 2nd ed. modules.
IIRC, the counters did not have the larger images back in 2000.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the German MAVNs check for vehicle #9.2 38H 735(f), #9.3 35-S 739(f), etc. If you have these vehicles listed your version is decidedly 2nd edition (or possibly 3rd edition) though the pages are still copyrighted as 2000. IIRC the initial printing of the 2nd edition did not include these additions either though I'm unable to verify this as my original copies were destroyed/damaged in fire and have since been discarded when I picked up BV3. Of course there were several additional pages added/replaced from HP (mostly for the Russians) dated 2014 as well as the Misc. Vehicle Sheets provided in AoO with a date of 2006.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
German/Russian Chapter H has not been updated in any of the 2nd Edition printings as far as I know.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
In the German MAVNs check for vehicle #9.2 38H 735(f), #9.3 35-S 739(f), etc. If you have these vehicles listed your version is decidedly 2nd edition (or possibly 3rd edition) though the pages are still copyrighted as 2000. IIRC the initial printing of the 2nd edition did not include these additions either though I'm unable to verify this as my original copies were destroyed/damaged in fire and have since been discarded when I picked up BV3. Of course there were several additional pages added/replaced from HP (mostly for the Russians) dated 2014 as well as the Misc. Vehicle Sheets provided in AoO with a date of 2006.
Yes I have the vehicles #9.2 and #9.3. But what on earth are the Misc. Vehicle Sheets from AoO?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Found the page. It was at the back of the Axis Minor chpt.