Bitter Ender 2020 is CANCELLED

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Comrades,

REMINDER If you have hotel reservations for April at the hotel you MUST cancel them AT LEAST 48 hours before April 16th or you will be charged for a room night. I CANNOT DO THIS ON YOUR BEHALF. The best way is to call. The phone number of Ramada is (919) 832-4100.

Since we had the opportunity, we reserved the hotel from June 18th through 21st for the 2020 Bitter Ender. The organizers really hope we can have the event on this date BUT Covid-19 Target DRM +2 moving / +2 very small, and Firer based DRM is +1 BU / +5 NCA Change at a range of 60 hexes with a *gun as of today. We will follow developments closely (I do that everyday as part of my job) and update you as needed.

There is no need for you to reply stating that you will attend at this time. I will gather this information on May 28th.

I’ve included the entire mail list on this announcement so that everyone is aware of the new dates.

If you would like a refund let me know. I’ve issued several for players that already know that can’t attend in June. I can PayPal it or write you a check.

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
UPDATE: In order to keep a clean balance sheet and to simplify my book keeping I’m going to refund money to pre-registered attendees who cannot make the June date. I WILL NOT hold money until next year. Holding money is turning into an administrative nightmare and I don’t have time for it. I hope you understand. Checks or PayPal refunds (depending on how you paid) will go out next weekend

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Comrades,

Unfortunately, the Bitter Ender 2020 must be cancelled. Governor Cooper issued guidance for re-opening yesterday. You can find a summary here.

The BEST case scenario would be for Phase 2 to be implemented ON the date of the Bitter Ender. Frankly, I don’t think this will happen. IMO the Governor will be very conservative with phase implementation.

Please cancel any hotel reservations you’ve made. Hotel information is down thread.

As far as pre-registration I can hold your fee for 2021. Since we are not holding event this year the book keeping is simplified in this respect. However, if you do want a refund please contact me directly and I’ll issue refund depending on how you paid (check or PayPal)

Doug

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I've been wondering about tournaments, especially ASLOk. I would be devastated as a TD if any attendees at an event I was running became ill or checked out. Let's face it, most ASL players are older and not in peak physical condition. Given the current circumstances a room full of such individuals in close proximity for hours at a time is a potential disaster for the ASL community. The loss of any of our comrades through the natural course of life's journey is heartbreaking. To lose them through the desire for the comradeship that ftf play brings would be almost unbearable for me. Take care.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Most events in Canada are cancelled for the summer, even the Calgary Stampede, first time in 108 years. I honestly think like Mark not to plan anything. Every province here is going to reopen slowly, but we anticipate a second wave.....I think it is best to stay with the virtual stuff and write off the year for now.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Most events in Canada are cancelled for the summer, even the Calgary Stampede, first time in 108 years. I honestly think like Mark not to plan anything. Every province here is going to reopen slowly, but we anticipate a second wave.....I think it is best to stay with the virtual stuff and write off the year for now.
After some wine and reflection I couldn't agree more and would go even further. No ftf events until at least the summer of 2021. This is 1940, not 1945. Not my call, just the opinion of someone who may be overly paranoid.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After some wine and reflection I couldn't agree more and would go even further. No ftf events until at least the summer of 2021. This is 1940, not 1945. Not my call, just the opinion of someone who may be overly paranoid.
You are not paranoid, hate to say this but history is repeating itself.. welcome to 1933 to 35....preWW 2. It is starting all again.:(