Triple Digit Club

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I count 31 but might have played 32. I'll know if I look at the scenario but generally the nams don't stick.
Of these, I have fond memeories of Brioch Bash and Wintergerwitter. Both are scenraios I'd play at the drop of a hat.
To the play list! They are 2/6 I haven't played!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I played 10 (out of my 84 games in total so far).
I see you are Slovakian. I was born in Prague when the country was still Czechoslovakia....we left in '68 (for obvious reasons).

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I remember playing all of the ASL ones and none of the SL ones.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Out of curiosity what's the most played 3rd party scenarios?

Oh.....25 I think. Maybe 1 or 2 more. Some of these oldies were brilliant, some awful.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
As per my post above, probably "Acts of Defiance" and "Totsugeki".

"Abandon Ship" is right up there.
Abandon Ship [WCW5]American82German84
Abandon Ship [G44]German14American14
Abandon Ship! [193]American8German8

So is "About His Shadowy Sides"
About His Shadowy Sides [FrF19]German61Russian47
About his Shadowy Sides [BoF4]German18Russian14

... and that's about all I can manage with a very quick look at the scenario list. My ROAR-fu is inadequate to give a more comprehensive answer.

Or do you mean "most played 3rd party scenarios that were not republished by TAHGC/MMP"? I don't think you looked very hard if you only saw a few with 25 playings or more. Without even looking it up, there must be a bunch of Schwerpunkt scenarios, at least, that can easily better that; probably a few Friendly Fire scenarios too.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Have played Gavin Take 8 times. Defiance on Hill 30, Silence that Gun, and Zon with the Wind 6 times each, because they’re awesome beginners scenarios and perfect for teaching new players.

Many of the others at least 4-5 times each, because of tournament play; Totsugeki, Acts of Defiance, Le Herrison, Bread Factory #2, etc. Not a lot of tourney scenarios available back in the day. But on the other hand, we all spoke the same language because we all had played the same scenarios and were familiar with them, so we could talk tactics and placement of units. Good old days...

Last edited:

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played 7. Those scenarios have been played so much that it is difficult to find someone who will go back and replay those classics.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Oh.....25 I think. Maybe 1 or 2 more. Some of these oldies were brilliant, some awful.
From What I have been able to determine the most played 3rd party scenario is WCW 7 Eye Of The Tiger with 287 recorded playings on ROAR. Interesting to note that out of that small pack 3 of those scenarios have over a hundred playings. From what I could glean other than the WCW pack, only Schwerpunkt and Friendly Fire have TPP scenarios that are recorded with over a hundred recorded playing on ROAR (I came up with 18 total).

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
I see you are Slovakian. I was born in Prague when the country was still Czechoslovakia....we left in '68 (for obvious reasons).
Coming across your name I was wondering, Honza! Have you ever visited Prague after that?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Coming across your name I was wondering, Honza! Have you ever visited Prague after that?
Yes I went back to Czechoslovakia to visit my grandparents and other family. Once before it was liberated and several times afterward. But I now have chronic fatigue syndrome and don't travel at all.

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
Sorry to hear that! But nice that you managed to keep contact with the family.

In Czechia ASL got going in 2013 with a community of about 10 players. In Slovakia 2 to 3 players started dabbling into the Starter Kits around 2016, but a community has not developed. I seem to be the first full ASL player here, now there's four of us and perhaps 2 more SK players. I play some of the Czech guys as well as other guys in the Central European region occasionally as well. This year I started attending tournaments and playing VASL with a wider range of people extensively.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
From What I have been able to determine the most played 3rd party scenario is WCW 7 Eye Of The Tiger with 287 recorded playings on ROAR. Interesting to note that out of that small pack 3 of those scenarios have over a hundred playings. From what I could glean other than the WCW pack, only Schwerpunkt and Friendly Fire have TPP scenarios that are recorded with over a hundred recorded playing on ROAR (I came up with 18 total).
The WCW pack was really a fantastic product and ahead of its time.

I suspect that Will to Fight...Eradicated would have gotten even more playings were it not for it getting kind of screwed up when it when it was republished officially.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I whole-heartedly agree; WCW pack is one of the best scenario packs ever made.

I suspect that Will to Fight...Eradicated would have gotten even more playings were it not for it kind of screwed up when it when it was republished officially.
I am unaware of any issues with the reprint. What are they?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I am unaware of any issues with the reprint. What are they?
For historical reasons, they dropped the Polish LMGs and gave them Assault Fire (or something very like that, not pulling cards). The impression was that they did it late in the game without any additional playtesting. Louie Tokarz (designer of the scenario) was pretty famously furious about it. It certainly changes how the scenario plays.

Last edited:

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I suspect that Will to Fight...Eradicated would have gotten even more playings were it not for it getting kind of screwed up when it when it was republished officially.
I missed this: WCW 7 Eye of the Tiger is indeed the only TPP scenario in the club. 126 German 161 Russian.