Invitation: Death To Fascism VASL tournament

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Joe, you are in.

The UK is now at GMT+1 ? Is that also one of the Coronavirus messages ? Shockingly Bold!
Many thanks - I suspect my participation will be short and sweet as it is a knockout tourny...........

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK ALL: quick update:

confirmed participants:

1. Chuck Tewsbury (US)
  2. Dave Ramsey (UK)
  3. Marc Hanna (UK)
  4. Paul Schaeffer (US)
  5. Nate Stapf (US)
  6. Rich Domovich (US)
  7. Rob Loper (US)
  8. Neil Ekengren (US)
  9. Kevin Killeen (US)
  10. Jim Bishop (Germany)
  11. Joe Arthur (UK)
Therefore, there are now only 5 spots left in the Death To Corona VASL tournament.

These spots will fill on First come, first serve basis....then I will accept 2-3 alternates if someone drops out.

As soon as I have 16 participants, I will communicate with all of them to start planning the first round games.

Stay safe and warm!

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One more spot is taken, 4 spots left available.....I am going to contact the participants tomorrow to prepare.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
sorry Scott, the tournament entry has now been closed (since this morning, see other thread).

Next pandemic you are in !

Panzer75

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dear all,

I am considering running a limited-size VASL tournament using Death To Fascism scenarios - tentative in about 10 days from now.

In each round, a single scenario will have to be played, you will be informed at start of the Round which of the 8 DTF scenarios is on the cards.

Maximum 16 players, knock-out style (maximum 4 games) for the victory, but open games welcome afterwards. Two games per day, two week days in a row, possible Tuesday-Wednesday.

The tournament will be held during daytime in Eastern Canada, that is afternoon and evening in Western Europe. Due to scheduling limitations, I would have to exclude folks well outside those time zones.

The two finalists would play a new and - as yet unpublished - Death To Fascism Scenario and the Tournament winner will get a free copy of the second DTF Pack, Not One Step Back!

I would be happy to support/administer this.

Please respond here or PM me if this suits your wide open VASL agenda!
Quick update: 10 out of 16 spots have been taken.

I expect this to fill up today or tomorrow, so please let me know soon if you are up for it!
Dear all,

I am considering running a limited-size VASL tournament using Death To Fascism scenarios - tentative in about 10 days from now.

In each round, a single scenario will have to be played, you will be informed at start of the Round which of the 8 DTF scenarios is on the cards.

Maximum 16 players, knock-out style (maximum 4 games) for the victory, but open games welcome afterwards. Two games per day, two week days in a row, possible Tuesday-Wednesday.

The tournament will be held during daytime in Eastern Canada, that is afternoon and evening in Western Europe. Due to scheduling limitations, I would have to exclude folks well outside those time zones.

The two finalists would play a new and - as yet unpublished - Death To Fascism Scenario and the Tournament winner will get a free copy of the second DTF Pack, Not One Step Back!

Steve Cook here I sent you an e mail response to your request today
Dear all,

Dear all,

I sent you an e mail today Peter did you not receive it? If not have sent it again. Steve Cook

Panzer75

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dear all,

Not at all ! THere are a few spaces left !

Just drop me a PM here with your name and email address and you are onboard!
Axis

SWPP 2

Steve Cook

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Axis

SWPP 2

Steve Cook
Hi Steve, thanks for your bid, now well received through this line.

I did not receive your email today....can you send me your email address again? Mine is pastruijf (at) gmail.com

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
all received after retrieval from my gmail spam box.....sorry about that!

Good to have that sorted out before the tourney begins....

Panzer75

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sign me up please :) Hopefully it is not going to be too late a finish in the evening (currently on GMT +1 here in the UK)?
Hi Joe sent you a few e mails please check your spam box to see if it is there? I’m getting your e mails but you don’t appear to be getting mine? Send me an e mail to let me know if you have found my e mails?

Steve Cook

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Joe sent you a few e mails please check your spam box to see if it is there? I’m getting your e mails but you don’t appear to be getting mine? Send me an e mail to let me know if you have found my e mails?

Steve Cook
They were indeed in my junk folder. Apologies.