What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I am anxious to find out if shipments went out to German retailers before the shutdown. And if so, if German retailers are still able to process them when they receive them. Actually, I am not confident.
Same here, plus I'm interested in whether they are still shipping within the EU.

OTOH, I don't have the time right now to clip and organize the CdG2 counters. Who knew that working from home would be so exhausting?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
no idea. I'm talking about the new MM pack.
HaHa....more fool me.

Funnily enough there was a post on FB by Brian Youse earlier which said that the reprinted rulebook is on it way. It is delayed because of the virus. A funny coincidence.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
HaHa....more fool me.

Funnily enough there was a post on FB by Brian Youse earlier which said that the reprinted rulebook is on it way. It is delayed because of the virus. A funny coincidence.
Serious question: Why do you care about a rulebook reprint? I'm waiting for eRules or pocket ch H myself.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A pocket Chpt H might come after the Italians get their 2nd edition.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You can't get PLANO anywhere right now it seems, not for love nor money, someone is asking stupid money for the PLANO 23701 on AMazon
It all started because my mum used to work in a hospital and she could bring me home empty specimen bottles for my counters. She retired years ago, and so I had to turn to the internet to get my supply. They are quite easy to find and very cheap. They make excellent storage containers.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It all started because my mum used to work in a hospital and she could bring me home empty specimen bottles for my counters. She retired years ago, and so I had to turn to the internet to get my supply. They are quite easy to find and very cheap. They make excellent storage containers.
Very cool, thanks for sharing

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Aliens on their own home planet by the looks of it with spoils from earth; one jar is full of the Hatfields, the other being poured into it are the McCoys. Two famous clans from the American wild west (Virginia/Kentucky) who had a long standing family feud. Jar lids on the floor with holes in them to let air in... looks like the alien kids are watching to see who's little human bugs will win the fight. I might be wrong though.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Aliens on their own home planet by the looks of it with spoils from earth; one jar is full of the Hatfields, the other being poured into it are the McCoys. Two famous clans from the American wild west (Virginia/Kentucky) who had a long standing family feud. Jar lids on the floor with holes in them to let air in... looks like the alien kids are watching to see who's little human bugs will win the fight. I might be wrong though.
You are correct. Pour ants from different anthills together, and they will fight. The jars in the cartoon resemble Honza's jars. Pour some Japanese and Marines together from Honza's jars and they will fight.

Meine Herren, I love to explain jokes... ;)

I didn't know the bit about the Hatfields and McCoys being a historical reality. Interesting!

von Marwitz

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I didn't know the bit about the Hatfields and McCoys being a historical reality. Interesting!
When I saw Honza's question, I wondered how well that would be known outside of the US. Their feud is literally idiomatic here, but outside the US and, even more, outside our language, seems like it's not well known. I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
When I saw Honza's question, I wondered how well that would be known outside of the US. Their feud is literally idiomatic here, but outside the US and, even more, outside our language, seems like it's not well known. I hadn't thought about it, but it makes sense.
Very true. Have never heard of the Hatfields and McCoys until now.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I had. Seemed so Sicilian or medieval Irish or Scottish (please add country of your choice).
Oh, I think the phenomenon is pretty universal, just an American example. It is funny that's it's always presented as Hatfields vs. McCoys. If you look into it, the families were intermingled and overlapped. It was a mess. There was a miniseries a few years ago that included some high profile actors (Kevin Costner, Bill paxton, Jena Malone, etc.) They made it less two-sided but even they simplified it. What a mess.

On topic: My order came in, Deluxe Redux, the full rulebook pack, handful of scenarios. With luck, I may get to look at some of it some time this week. School-from-home seems like it would create more time for me, but it's hit or miss.