Leaving gamesquad

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to be clear, it wasn't our style. It was the owners style. We were merely instruments. -- jim

@RandyT0001
Both were able to treat the rogues-at-large as adults and made the effort to DM peeps going a bit off kilter to resolve it privately. I was recently banned for a couple days and not even given the courtesy to ask why, or to explain a general comment is not a 'personal attack'. Responses were NA. I mean WTF?
Alot of us olde bastiges have alot, and I mean ALOT, of back hair to get up over such egregious lack of social skills.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By appealing to some (misplaced) sense of duty to the hobby and the Forums.....he claimed I was the only member of the ASL community at GS that could realistically moderate that herd of cats. For the longest time it was only me and Reid (who was not as involved in ASL as myself), until Jim Bishop came on board. Little did he know all I did was follow his directions, let the lads play, and when things got too heated, shove the thread into Chit Chat.
Bunch of Maine Coon Kat's...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I understand your reasoning, but it makes my point: you didn't disagree strongly or you would have remained away. Coming back under a pseudonym further lowered the cost of return. -- jim
Your point is good.
Sometimes, we need to take a step back and think peacefully about the situation.
I waited about two years.
And I must say that the situation had improved a lot : when I made myself known, it was because things were much more peaceful.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've mostly been a lurker here for years (on a few accounts over that time), but I actually support JR's (or anyone's) right and choice to leave at this point. Sometimes it's the only way things get changed. Some of the rules here are a bit bizarre (and draconian...like no swearing, none. I can't even say "heck" with 2 "ll"s. really?) and I mostly conform to them, but it doesn't mean I like them.

Heavy handed moderation and bad rules have killed many a forum over the years.

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just for clarification, why was Andy’s thread locked because he had left and couldn’t respond but JR’s is open for discussion?

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Possibly because jrv's farewell message was concise (for once) while Justiciar's one was bitter and belligerant.
That’s not the reason the thread was closed per Cary’s post. It says that it was locked due to Andy not being around to respond.

As ASLers I don’t think it’s too much to ask that we’re precise and consistent with the rules(?)

(Edit: I don’t necessarily think Justiciar’s response was a productive one and May have merited a lock under the new rules. That wasn’t what moderation said and inconsistent application of rules is a real concern)

Last edited:

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm wondering who will monitor the LFT rules folder. Usually that was Andy. If someone could PM me his email address it would be appreciated.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
These departures are part and parcel an attitude fostered by MMPness and those close to them.

I won't miss the arrogant and supercilious tone JRV l thought was necessary to direct at others from time to time.

Those who think they are too important for allowing the director of the forum operate how he wants to -- by all means, leave and follow JRV like a minion.

This won't be the first or last time such things occur, big whoop. In this case, don't let the door hit you in the ... on the way out, is what I have to say.

If indeed this forum is becoming a cesspool as bitterly described by Justicar, this will become evident. I haven't seen that, yet.

Ganjulama, that is the responsibility of Le Franc Tireur, you could email them it won't take more than a few weeks ;)