A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A post of mine was deleted. I will try to find a place to discuss asl elsewhere. Farewell.

JR
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
A post of mine was deleted. I will try to find a place to discuss asl elsewhere. Farewell.

JR
@jrv - if you look in your notifications (little bell icon upper right) you will see notices like the following:

Understandably your volume of posts and positive feedback to them may not permit you to see this easily, but if your post was moved, this will tell you where it went.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who is this guy running the place now and why is he running all these assets off?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I would suggest to wait before leaving for good.
This place is an excellent resource for rules questions and answers - as a forum, the questions remain visible, while they sink into oblivion in FB or other chat-like media.
JRV you are one of the best rules connoisseurs and I would like to tell you that I really appreciate the pain you take to answer our rules questions.
If you don't change your mind, I hope that we will have the opportunity to interact eslewehere.
Take care.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't agree with Robin's sentiment more. I've only been back on GS for a short while after a long hiatus from ASL and it is invaluable as a resource.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
i love the GS forum structure and a forum is as good as its people.

Just a note : there’s “threading” in ASL Discord

Good luck! :)

I would suggest to wait before leaving for good.
This place is an excellent resource for rules questions and answers - as a forum, the questions remain visible, while they sink into oblivion in FB or other chat-like media.
JRV you are one of the best rules connoisseurs and I would like to tell you that I really appreciate the pain you take to answer our rules questions.
If you don't change your mind, I hope that we will have the opportunity to interact eslewehere.
Take care.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Just a note : there’s “threading” in ASL Discord
Could you please expand on that? I do not want to be online 24/7 and so far I have not been make much sense out of Discord? To me it is just as bad as consimwolrd - you have to follow it all the time or otherwise you will fall hopelessly behind in wading through the noise to the content you want to read.

I am an old fart so I take in these things slooowwww...

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
See that link in my signature line? That takes you to the ASL forum on Discord ( not just ASL)
Ok, so now I see- you can make a thread by inserting a code- but the messages and thread disappear after a while. So in effect one should hag around on a daily basis anyway. Not the way I like it.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It was--and perhaps will remain--an excellent resource because the people who came here, not because of the infrastructure. If the people don't feel welcome or valued, they can make someplace else an excellent resource just like they made this place. We the people may not own the circus, but we are the clowns that put on the show. Without the clowns, the circus is just a musty old tent. -- jim

@RandyT0001

Last edited: