CDG2 errata?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a few of what I think are typos that I have come across as I work through the rules (as I get them into html). None of these are earth shattering.

3.64: last sentence, "... is Beach across" should be "...is Beached across"
4.2 CG8: In the exception, "... SSR 12" should be "...SSR CG12" to be consistent
4.2 CG9: para 3., "to a any" should be "to any"
4.2 CG18: example, last sentence does not have a period

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a few of what I think are typos that I have come across as I work through the rules (as I get them into html). None of these are earth shattering.

3.64: last sentence, "... is Beach across" should be "...is Beached across"
4.2 CG8: In the exception, "... SSR 12" should be "...SSR CG12" to be consistent
4.2 CG9: para 3., "to a any" should be "to any"
4.2 CG18: example, last sentence does not have a period
Thank you Bill. We had some real good folks pouring over those too. Grrrr.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, just spotted in DN4. SSR2 should have the roadblock in EE21, not E21. E21 lies outside the area of play.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is not a typo - CG8 says "SSR I.2" - not "SSR 12".
Good catch, that is what OCR does sometimes. Now I have a different question. CG8 states "...from their side's designated entry areas …" with the exceptions including SSR I.2. SSR I.2 states "... all purchased RG enter on their permitted entry areas."

What is the difference between a side's "designated entry area and "permitted entry areas"? Is this trying to say that although CG8 lists entry areas A-E for the French, you have to use the Entry Areas listed on the RG Purchase chart for an individual RG? If so, would it make more sense to reference 4.6107?

This is what I ended up doing in my electronic copy:
CG8. ENTRY AREAS: All RG must enter the map from offboard from their side's designated entry areas [EXC: FB/DB & OBA RG, FPP and SSR I.2]. Each French RG has its eligible Entry Area(s) listed on the French Reinforcement Group Purchase Chart (4.6107), while German RGs may use any German Entry Area.

Last edited:

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Bill. We had some real good folks pouring over those too. Grrrr.
I have poured over the entire ASLRB for 20+ years and still find issues in my html files. At least it is easy to fix. Like I said, these are just minor typos that will not cause any issues in playing the game.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the German Reinforcement Group Chart, RG G4 has 3x crews, 3x 2cm FlaK but only 2x Opel 6700. Should this be 3x Opel 6700?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On the German Reinforcement Group Chart, RG G4 has 3x crews, 3x 2cm FlaK but only 2x Opel 6700. Should this be 3x Opel 6700?
That one was caught after the fact already. Errata mentioned on another post. It is supposed to be 2 all across. The original document had all 2's and that was the proper size of the sections. It got typoed in transition.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That one was caught after the fact already. Errata mentioned on another post. It is supposed to be 2 all across. The original document had all 2's and that was the proper size of the sections. It got typoed in transition.
I missed the other thread when I created this one. What is it titled?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I missed the other thread when I created this one. What is it titled?
Trying to recall. Been a couple of weeks. Might have been CDG2 components, or could have appeared in the rules section. I did dig out the original and passed the info to MMP.

This has been helpful too of course. I think, think mind you, that Boilermaker asked the question.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Good catch, that is what OCR does sometimes. Now I have a different question. CG8 states "...from their side's designated entry areas …" with the exceptions including SSR I.2. SSR I.2 states "... all purchased RG enter on their permitted entry areas."

What is the difference between a side's "designated entry area and "permitted entry areas"? Is this trying to say that although CG8 lists entry areas A-E for the French, you have to use the Entry Areas listed on the RG Purchase chart for an individual RG? If so, would it make more sense to reference 4.6107?

CG8. ENTRY AREAS: All RG must enter the map from offboard from their side's designated entry areas [EXC: FB/DB & OBA RG, FPP and SSR I.2]. Each French RG has its eligible Entry Area(s) listed on the French Reinforcement Group Purchase Chart (4.6107), while German RGs may use any German Entry Area.
IIRC, the EXC is to point out that not all RG have to enter from offboard - some can set up onboard. I.e., the EXC is not related to any Entry Areas.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German RG PC: RG M2 has Date available "14 Morn+" which I assume is just "14 Morn"

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
German RG PC: RG M2 has Date available "14 Morn+" which I assume is just "14 Morn"
As there is nothing after the 14 morning date, it is irrelevant, yes. An artifact from when there was a 14 afternoon date.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The difference here, is that the Germans can overrun some of the French designated entry areas, which no longer permits the French to use them. The verbiage is accurate. See also, rule CG13.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
".... South Of The River ...."

Am about to play ASL-236 "In Rommel's Wake".

The setup instructions for the French are "....south of the river....". How about the small peninsular that runs from 7C8 to 7H8 ? Is that considered to be 'south of the river' or not ?

Cheers.

John.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was replacing my old counters with the new. Should one of the new AM Dodge in British colors (top row are from the new edition)12547have an AAMG like "B" from the original module?