Not open for further replies.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The context in which the poem has been written is that of a criminal inhuman regime that had millions executed. The context in which you have used the poem is that of moderation limiting insults and politics in a gaming forum.
I will leave it at that.
While I understand your point about the context of the poem, the point of the poem is we must not sit idly by. In that context, I believe I was OK. I understand you do not. That's OK. As I said above, freedom defending to the death, the right of someone to do something you would spend a lifetime arguing against.

Over the years we've had some issues in which we don't agree with each other or exchanges that were unhappy - at times rather sharply. But I also believe we agree on important matters, yet sometimes coming from different angles.
In some cases you might not have an intuition when my red lines get crossed. It might be the same vice versa. Still we manage to keep a respectful tone even in cases where our disagreements are serious. I intend to keep it that way.

Cheers
von Marwitz
In that sense, we honor each other and that's all I could ever hope for. Just because we disagree, doesn't mean we have to dislike one another. As you say, there is likely far more we agree on than disagree on. I will buy you a beer when next we meet. Hold me to it. -- jim

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the rule

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/really-closed-due-to-political-content.156811/page-4#post-2011198

"First, do not make irrelevant, off topic posts in threads."

Topic drift is one thing. Single sentence, short paragraph that is completely off topic is not. You can read through the thread to see an example of an irrelevant post.
So you are going to decide what is relevant there is it? You can run that up a lark's butt... In 3, 2, 1 (use there Adam Savage voice) to see if this is deemed profanity...from where George III sits.

Sure "do not make irrelevant posts" Ohhh I see.... as opposed to complete deletion of posts, because you don't like the post, or even maybe altering a single word in it. Butt perhaps? (see above) Crap perhaps (go read the the Closed thread where you had a Moderator use that word and other profanity to boot [what now George III gonna put Weir up against the wall and ban him???...maybe double standard let him slide and ban me???]... Who knows with the new regime, no one knows...that might well be part of the king's plan. And of course expressing opposition has already be ruled "verboten" (are you a PLA operative George III?) Never mind expressing more than one single short sentence...James Joyce is rolling over in his grave. Greetings Cary Randall Tyler! While you did not kill my father you are actively and willfully moving to suppress free speech. You are a disgrace and should be ashamed. Hello my name is Andrew H. Hershey.

Edited by moderator to remove profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
While you did not kill my father you are actively and willfully moving to suppress free speech.
Actually, his actions are actively encouraging free speech. Cliques of grumpy old-timers who spend their time sniping and abusing each other actively suppress it. Newcomers and long-time contributors alike are driven away by abusive and disrespectful behavior. Comments on other forums about the unique atmosphere on GS have acquired it a reputation which I have to believe you are aware of.

Put another way, you're not arguing for free speech nor the best interests of the forum nor even a majority opinion. You're arguing for free rein to do what Andy H. Hershey wants to do. That's not freedom. The real freedom is that Andy H. Hershey can find an outlet for his opinions and language anywhere he likes - Facebook, Insta, YouTube, blogspot, letters to the Journal. And always welcome here, with the minor caveat that it needs to fall within the reasonable community rules set out by Cary Randall Tyler.

Do we really need the ongoing drama?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, Michael I am afraid you are wrong on this one.

He has altered my posts and he has deleted my posts and he has "warned" me not to complain (CORRECTION others not to complain about the new "rules) not to use horse's ass, really didn't a very well recognized member of the world community not just use that expression, not that it should be limited to such right? and Randy has gone on to delete reference to works which are lighthouses to free speech, etc...

I am sorry you and I have to just disagree on this one Michael.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
No, Michael I am afraid you are wrong on this one.

He has altered my posts and he has deleted my posts and he has "warned" me not to complain (CORRECTION others not to complain about the new "rules) not to use horse's ass, really didn't a very well recognized member of the world community not just use that expression, not that it should be limited to such right? and Randy has gone on to delete reference to works which are lighthouses to free speech, etc...

I am sorry you and I have to just disagree on this one Michael.
Stop complaining and start complying. All that happens to you is due to your actions. I have got hundreds if not thousands of members that comply with the rules. You and a few others appear to go out of your way to break the rules in defiance.

There are several members that do not like it here. You either leave, start to comply or continue to break rules and be banned. Start compliance now. The forum would greatly improve with less turmoil. I have heard all of the arguments about rights, etc. The decision has been made so follow the rules, use common sense, no more double talk, no more searching for perfect explanations of rule enforcement, etc.

Last warning! If you even think you are one of the few, you probably are, so follow the rules.

This discussion has stayed in Dinant to make sure all read about it.

I have locked it for this weekend so all can read and understand.

By the way, I am short of patience, so beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.