Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
OK, I'm single and slightly frugal with toilet paper. I manage with 4-8 sheets per day depending upon the composition of my crap, yet don't have dung flies greedily buzzing around my anus. My last purchase had 16 x rolls each of about 210 two-ply sheets. That means that a roll would last me about 5+ weeks. If I consider a 2 kid, 2 parent family with the kids using three times as much as an adult (total 8 adult equivalents) then that means that my 16 pack should last 10 weeks. Some discussion and voluntary self-rationing should get them to bring that to 13-16 weeks. If toilet paper is unavailable after something like 3 months then food is far more likely to be a far bigger problem.

Of course I may be grossly underestimating usage, maybe most people use enough toilet paper in each session to choke a hippo.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I'm single and slightly frugal with toilet paper. I manage with 4-8 sheets per day depending upon the composition of my crap, yet don't have dung flies greedily buzzing around my anus. My last purchase had 16 x rolls each of about 210 two-ply sheets. That means that a roll would last me about 5+ weeks. If I consider a 2 kid, 2 parent family with the kids using three times as much as an adult (total 8 adult equivalents) then that means that my 16 pack should last 10 weeks. Some discussion and voluntary self-rationing should get them to bring that to 13-16 weeks. If toilet paper is unavailable after something like 3 months then food is far more likely to be a far bigger problem.

Of course I may be grossly underestimating usage, maybe most people use enough toilet paper in each session to choke a hippo.
TMI, for the love of god, TMI ?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

You are vastly underrating the amount of toilet paper women use. I'd swear they eat the stuff!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
On the 1800s they used corn cobs, so there is always that.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that the political boards are closed the level of discussion has been raised to butt wipe talk, awesome.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My daughter is returning shortly early from college, going back to the OP's point. Apologies if I have distracted from the message of distress concerning the current difficulties.

Edit: Prior posts were moderated.

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haha .. I am not entirely sure about the toilet paper business. Transport people got robbed at knife point by 3 guys for 600 rolls of toilet paper - ON FOOT. How the heck did you plan to run with 200 rolls of toilet paper each? They were caught shortly after. Imagine telling your cell mate what you are in for ...
A bum wrap.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
They've closed national parks here in Poland, together with forcing unlawful acts of "home imprisoning" and controlling citizens. I'm not say that those are objectively bad actions, but their resolution is far from legal.

This, and me being left practically jobless, made me think that I should change my sector of operation and rebrand myself from archivist to African-style warlord.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Does any one really know anyone personally that has this virus?

Not just heard about it?

Everyone I know and they know is in the negative on knowing anyone personally that has the virus. I live in a city of 300,000 so you would think there would be an outbreak, but there isn’t any.
No one personally, but a fellow that used to be in my military unit made the national news when his 5-day old newborn caught it.