DINANT

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When I saw Ritterkriegs vid on CDG yesterday, I said damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and spend the money for Dan's Opus. Hopefully I'll get it next week or there abouts and maybe have it on the table soon enough. Just have to one day cut back on GM'ing these two awesome modules Masks of Nyarlathotep and The Two-Headed Serpent:

Scott, I think you’ll like it.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Yup, these things are definitely collaborative efforts. It was great working with Dan, Nadir and MMP. Lots of people make into the credits for a reason.
You are so right Carl, without each other, nothing of any real value gets done, but with a fine group working in the same direction, fine products can result, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just could not afford at the time MMP was offering their pre order due to medical bills. Plus selling off old HASLs and other stuff I do not play anymore. I do not want to be that guy with a man cave full wall to wall games and keel over dead only to see my games thrown in the garbage. So I make it a point now to keep a light game collection.

Scott
I'll make sure my collection of games and books is distributed amongst my hobby friends and local tournaments... Vic.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'll make sure my collection of games and books is distributed amongst my hobby friends and local tournaments... Vic.
I just divested myself of a LOT of my things before my move to Germany. Some I "sold" in a blind auction where the winner donated the winning bid to Wounded Warriors in their own name, sent me a copy of the receipt, and I sent them the item or items they won on my own shipping cost. Raised over $2K for that. I had a lot of other games I gave to a friend in need. I gave away a lot of my posters and other ASL chachki. The most liberating thing I did was send all of the old scenario cards and such to be recycled. I have them all PDF'd. I don't need the hard copies any more. It was honestly very liberating for me. -- jim

phlegm027

Reaction score
My sons will divvy it up. First pick decided by a dr. Then alternates between them. If they pick ASL they get a lot. C&C. Ancients gets all the expansions. I’ll be a Mote in God’s Eye at that point.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
After a quick skim through the box, I had a query about the Dinant map ... I looked for a comment in the DN rules but couldn't see anything ... why does that little village in the middle of the map have a mix of buildings in different colours? I mean, the stone buildings are obvious, but why are there two different shades of brown for (presumably) wooden buildings?

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After a quick skim through the box, I had a query about the Dinant map ... I looked for a comment in the DN rules but couldn't see anything ... why does that little village in the middle of the map have a mix of buildings in different colours? I mean, the stone buildings are obvious, but why are there two different shades of brown for (presumably) wooden buildings?
They're painted with the lees of different grape varieties, silly.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bruce, I assume you are speaking of the area labeled Saint Medard? Those are wooden buildings. Not sure why the shades came out differently. You are correct that the obviously stone ones are just that.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
The buildings were drawn in different shades - I see it as a bit of artistic freedom. :)
To heck with "artistic freedom". How many players are going to spend how much time poring through those rules pages wondering "why the heck are these buildings a different colour to those buildings"? (And make no mistake, we're not talking a "subtle shading difference" here.) What a mind-bogglingly stupid idea (whoever's idea it was). If you're going to do idiotic things like that then FFS explain your idiocy to the people who are buying the module. For stupidity it's right up there with "let's not include overlays so people can't play the scenarios that require those overlays"* and "let's give some counters special-coloured IDs and not explain why". I love the CdG2 package overall but honestly MMP must have collectively been drunk or high during some important planning meetings for this one. Proof-readers might have to take some of the blame, too, for apparently not asking what are clearly very obvious questions (unless the questions were asked and they were ignored).

* [which of course is combined with the Tapio-worthy idea of "they're essential, so we'll charge extra for them -- and here's the best bit -- we don't even know when we'll bother to make them available"]

Edited by moderator to replace profanity.

Last edited by a moderator:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
That song wasn't written by Chuck Berry, although it was covered by him.

JR