Pleva dice towers

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've envied a Pleva dice tower for years now. When he was making them, I didn't have the $$ to get one. Now I can, but he doesn't make them anymore. Ritterkrieg makes a similar product, but seems that he's on a dice-tower-making hiatus. Does anyone know somewhere else to source a dice tower of similar quality and make as a Pleva tower?

TIA

Jeff Ital

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've envied a Pleva dice tower for years now. When he was making them, I didn't have the $$ to get one. Now I can, but he doesn't make them anymore. Ritterkrieg makes a similar product, but seems that he's on a dice-tower-making hiatus. Does anyone know somewhere else to source a dice tower of similar quality and make as a Pleva tower?

TIA

Jeff Ital
Check out the friendly fire ones: http://www.friendlyfire.se/asl/dicetowers/ - I have one that I've used for years now and I love it.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Sam Belcher used to make nice towers too. I have on of Daniel’s towers and is very good. There’s also a guy in Italy making really nice towers wrapped with ASL map board artwork.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
If you buy a dice tower, the key to a good tower is the depth of the tray the dice ends up in. Your opponent needs to be able to see the result without standing up. Keep that in mind. Second, the size of the throat compared to the size of the dice to make sure they get proper randomization. -- jim

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you buy a dice tower, the key to a good tower is the depth of the tray the dice ends up in. Your opponent needs to be able to see the result without standing up. Keep that in mind. Second, the size of the throat compared to the size of the dice to make sure they get proper randomization. -- jim
I know, I had a really nice one that I bought off of Etsy some time ago. It was super quality, but the tray was too damn deep. I guess I could have added an insert or something, but I'm A) lazy, and B) not handy at all.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the key to a good tower is the depth of the tray the dice ends up in.
I know from talking to Jack @Daniels that one of the things he works hard on and tests is getting the action so that the dice don't hop out of the well but at the same time are visible. I can't add much about that as the only proper and sensible thing to roll dice in is a glass, but I tolerate those who haven't come to realize this yet.

JR

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

TIA

Jeff Ital
Check out Wesley's Wooden Wonders on Kickstarter. He is making a dice tower that may work for you. I ordered one.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've seen a dice tower with clear acrylic/plastic walls to keep the dice from spilling out.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I've seen a dice tower with clear acrylic/plastic walls to keep the dice from spilling out.
And I've seen rooms with clear acrylic/plastic walls to keep players who use dice towers from spilling out. If there were only more of those rooms.

JR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I know from talking to Jack @Daniels that one of the things he works hard on and tests is getting the action so that the dice don't hop out of the well but at the same time are visible. I can't add much about that as the only proper and sensible thing to roll dice in is a glass, but I tolerate those who haven't come to realize this yet.

JR
It is a function of height, bounce on the bottom, and "run-out" length. I personally will tolerate some spin out in favor of visibility. Given all the "spinning tops" that happen in a cup--or perhaps only my cup--it certainly is faster to retrieve the die and re-roll than it is to wait on the top to stop spinning. -- jim

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
It is a function of height, bounce on the bottom, and "run-out" length. I personally will tolerate some spin out in favor of visibility. Given all the "spinning tops" that happen in a cup--or perhaps only my cup--it certainly is faster to retrieve the die and re-roll than it is to wait on the top to stop spinning. -- jim
Do you reroll if one of the dice is a six, and wait for the spin if it's a one?????

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I decided to use the Lars Thuring method—leather dice cup and a mouse pad. I like it better than a tower, it’s more portable, and it doesn’t make any noise. The older I get the less I like the noise from dice glasses.