Onslaught to Orsha

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah Rick it was me who asked the B11 question on ASL FB group. Paul just helped out by posting itn.v here as inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for the quick answer.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Got my message that mine is shipped to Canada! It left Austin, TX this morning at 0845! :D

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have never had trouble getting stuff FROM Canada, but rather INTO it, and that was the purpose of my little joke.
Even with a dog sled it should only take about a week, kind of like the pony express of old.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, just wow!

Found OtO2, CdG and WO11 when I got home from vacation.

Absolutely love the two double-wide boards. There's 7 scenarios that are now on my 'must play' list after a brief browse through. Scenarios on historical map sheets are my favorite way to play ASL.

And I appreciate the addition of 10-1, 10-0, 9-0, and 7-1 Leaders in many of the scenarios. ASL has always been about variety, so with 10-3, 10-2, 9-2 Leaders being too strong and 6+1 being too weak that left us with only four Leader types (9-1, 8-1, 8-0, 7-0) being used over and over in scenarios. I like that BFP took a bold (and somewhat controversial step, see DM's review of Poland in Flames) to double the number of Leaders we can now use in scenarios. It's not a grudge rule, it's common sense and it's about time. I'm glad that BFP ignored that review, saw the wisdom of their decision and stuck to their guns to bring us additional Leadership in ASL. If we can have EVERY type of squad, tank, fighter-bomber, weapon, terrain, etc, it's nice to see Leaders finally keeping pace.

Hell, the game is called Advanced Squad LEADER...

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If we can have EVERY type of squad, tank, fighter-bomber, weapon, terrain, etc, it's nice to see Leaders finally keeping pace.
Yes!
I thoroughly enjoy BFP's commitment to providing specific aircraft types to the ASL game system... with attractive art work to boot. Hopefully some AD Skyraiders and F-84's for us Korea aficionados as well?

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've heard from others that morale and leadership of leaders could be delinked. Maybe a 6-2 leader or a 10+1. And everything in between

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really, morale and leadership has always been delinked. Leader morale is a personal quality of the SMC (how well will he hang in there under fire). The leadership modifier is how effective is he at leading his men. The two aren't necessarily synonymous.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Really, morale and leadership has always been delinked. Leader morale is a personal quality of the SMC (how well will he hang in there under fire). The leadership modifier is how effective is he at leading his men. The two aren't necessarily synonymous.
Not quite what I mean. The level-6 morale leader is a +1. The level 7 is a 0, 8 is a 0 or -1, etc.
What I mean is why not have a 10-3, 10-2, 10-1, 10-0 and 10+1 for all nations?

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received my OtO yesterday. OtO look's very good. It has aged well and taken on some new perspectives. Like a fine wine or a great Lady.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think we took a big step with the addition of the four leader types. Yes, I guess there could be more, but what is the tipping point of oversaturation?
Personally I like the 10-1 AL.

I've heard from others that morale and leadership of leaders could be delinked. Maybe a 6-2 leader or a 10+1. And everything in between