Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trimmed some counters from CH Berlin module.
Solo play of my Fury scenario depicting the Tiger scene.
Continue setting up Seoul CG , Battle of the Barricades.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So I received Konigsberg from LC the other day and noticed that it had really nice blue Hitler Youth and Party Leader counters. They would go really well with my Black Barricades CG I figured. The trouble is that the whole German OOB in that CG is black. I hatched a plan. The CG is on date 13 which is about half way through. I have decided to change the black SS OOB for a blue SS OOB.

I dug out my FB SS counters and BFP blue SS counters and have decided to punch them. The whole German OOB in the CG is about to have a facelift. The Hitler Youth will be provided by LC as mentioned. The Gestapo will be SS 468 counters. The Hitler Youth and Gestapo will use blue LC and BFP leaders. The rest of the OOB will be blue SS 838, 548, 447 and BFP 437 counters courtesy of FB and PiF. I have blue SS 838 AE counters from FB.

Naturally I have all the blue AFV and SW counters as well. Why am I doing this? Well I have always appreciated the aesthetic side of playing ASL with real counters and maps. It is really just to see how the whole CG will change in appearance and to enjoy the new blue SS counters. It will be fun.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am gearing up my VASL activity because of the shut-down of other things due to Corona.

Two games scheduled, I was hanging around on the server and arranging to prepare some VASL files for future play.

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am gearing up my VASL activity because of the shut-down of other things due to Corona.

Two games scheduled, I was hanging around on the server and arranging to prepare some VASL files for future play.

von Marwitz
Let me know if you have some free time to play. We are even in the same TZ :) -- jim