I've got an idea. Hear me out.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am sure there will be some aspect or aspects of it I don't care for to some degree or another. Few things in life are perfect.
Perfection is a myth. With that in mind there are still certain things that do not require your voice noting that, as they are obvious.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
With that in mind there are still certain things that do not require your voice noting that, as they are obvious.
It's all obvious if you notice it. Mark should feel free to state the obvious, as there is always some poor sod that didn't get the memo.

JR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Humility is ASLese for rolling a 12 in a critical situation. I've seen this happen to you many times :)
Ahh. So it's a synonym for anguish. Well, there goes perfection I guess. -- jim

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
interesting that the OCD crowd is not freaking out that you trash your original scenarios.

I wish PDF distributions were a thing. I scan and PDF everything I get. I have got to the point where I dispose of the paper once I have scanned it. Too much clutter to keep around and I have no plans on every selling anything. -- jim

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
interesting that the OCD crowd is not freaking out that you trash your original scenarios.
I'm thinking about doing this myself. My ASL collection has grown so much that I'm running out of storage space.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Or tear it up after you win while declaring "That's one I never need to play again."
Jim Mehl is on a quest to play all the official scenarios. He lets you choose scenario and side from a pile he has yet to play. When the scenario is done he crumples it up and throws it away. But it is only a copy, so it's more effect than actual damage.

JR

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am doing the same thing only instead of crumpling up the scenario I just bury my opponent under the crawlspace.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Two years ago, I couldn't imagine getting rid of them. I have been scanning for years. Last year, my wife and I spoke about moving to Germany and I began contemplating all the stuff I had to get rid of. Six months ago, we committed to moving. I left a roughly 4000 sq ft home and moved into a a roughly 800 sq ft apartment in Stuttgart Stadt-Mitte. You want clarity on what to keep and what has to go, try that on for size. We donated beds to homeless shelters. We donated clothing to various charities. In my game room, I had original movie posters that I gave to various gamers around DC. I had games that I sent to a forumite here. I sent games to my daughter and future son-in-law. Furniture had to go. I sold my Mustang and my Jeep. My wife got rid of her car. When all was said and done, we filled about half of a 20 foot container to be moved to Germany with us. It arrived here on Monday and I can honestly say, we should have cut more deeply. Trust me, getting rid of scenario cards that I haven't looked at for years was easy. Try letting go of original WWII propaganda posters you collected for years. It really wasn't that hard. :) Truth be told, I wish I had done it years earlier. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Jim Mehl is on a quest to play all the official scenarios. He lets you choose scenario and side from a pile he has yet to play. When the scenario is done he crumples it up and throws it away.
And shouts "It's in the Book!". -- jim

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two years ago, I couldn't imagine getting rid of them. I have been scanning for years. Last year, my wife and I spoke about moving to Germany and I began contemplating all the stuff I had to get rid of. Six months ago, we committed to moving. I left a roughly 4000 sq ft home and moved into a a roughly 800 sq ft apartment in Stuttgart Stadt-Mitte. You want clarity on what to keep and what has to go, try that on for size. We donated beds to homeless shelters. We donated clothing to various charities. In my game room, I had original movie posters that I gave to various gamers around DC. I had games that I sent to a forumite here. I sent games to my daughter and future son-in-law. Furniture had to go. I sold my Mustang and my Jeep. My wife got rid of her car. When all was said and done, we filled about half of a 20 foot container to be moved to Germany with us. It arrived here on Monday and I can honestly say, we should have cut more deeply. Trust me, getting rid of scenario cards that I haven't looked at for years was easy. Try letting go of original WWII propaganda posters you collected for years. It really wasn't that hard. :) Truth be told, I wish I had done it years earlier. -- jim
Yes, it's amazing the freedom we can feel when our lives aren't tied up in maintaining, storing and preserving our stuff. I have gotten so much more comfortable throwing/donating things I just don't get to any more. It feels great.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking about doing this myself. My ASL collection has grown so much that I'm running out of storage space.
If you want to start the scanning process, I can recommend this scanner enough. You can scan 10 scenarios in about 3 seconds. I have taken to scanning everything, including the rules sent with BFP and the like. Add to that, a decent tablet (or a Surface Go which is my favorite), and you can easily cut down the amount of stuff you have to carry. I keep all of mine stored on the cloud. All I need is a WiFi connection and I can get to them from my phone :) -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It's amazing the freedom we can feel when our lives aren't tied up in maintaining, storing and preserving our stuff. I have gotten so much more comfortable throwing/donating things I just don't get to any more. It feels great.
"The things you own, end up owning you." -- Tyler Durden.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you want to start the scanning process, I can recommend this scanner enough. You can scan 10 scenarios in about 3 seconds. I have taken to scanning everything, including the rules sent with BFP and the like. Add to that, a decent tablet (or a Surface Go which is my favorite), and you can easily cut down the amount of stuff you have to carry. I keep all of mine stored on the cloud. All I need is a WiFi connection and I can get to them from my phone :) -- jim
I've actually go almost everything scanned, including all the maps, rules, and counters. I'm behind but nothing a few hours would not fix. I have a ScanSnap S1500 that has served me well for a long time and is still going strong. I can put a stack of 200 scenario on it and they double side scan in about 5 seconds each.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aye, I am completely electronic. Got everything scanned and I play on VASL. Everything else (maps + counters) I pack away. Turned all the punching, sorting, storing, resorting time into playing time!