** New Members - Say Hello! **

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I took a quick look at this page (first time in years) and just glancing through a few of these posts made me smile. Thinking back on those days, sometime I'd like to write a book/article on the experience of DethNet, especially the earlier years. For myself as much as to share.

I cannot even begin to relate the seemingly-endless stories and experiences I went through as the GM - there were some truly epic times, and some truly epic people that became a part of it. Admittedly not a hardcore rainding group (we were mostly all noobs back then!) we did become unarguably the best leveling guild going. We grew larger than anyone could have possibly imagined - we even managed to 'break' WoW's guild interface. We had over 250+ members online at once. We spent great amounts of time, resources, (and gold!) holding constant user events. We created several forms of contests no one had ever seen before - some of which spread virally cross-server and are now a standard part of WoW guild activities... (DethRace anyone?)

I have played some great (and not-so-great) games since. (I'm eagerly awaiting my GW2 headstart to begin on Saturday). But it's all chasing the virtual dragon now. The heady days of 'seeing it all for the first time', and the grand experience of taking your first character to the cap* are all in the past - the halcyon days are over, alas.

* (Back before logging in and talking to your first NPC would give you a level...)

I'm quite saddened by the fact that I know Surii's days are limited, and knowing 'one of these times' will be the last time. (If that hasn't happened already - I haven't logged in for months). I certainly hope that something can step up and fill the void, stand the test of time, and become epic all over again.

But I have my doubts.

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Those were the days. I still log in now and then and play. Maybe Mists will create some new interest and kindle some old memories!! Catch up with ya sometime.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Those were the days. I still log in now and then and play. Maybe Mists will create some new interest and kindle some old memories!! Catch up with ya sometime.
Hey d0nt!

Interest? Yup, it did it for me (finally). I've got Surii, a lock and a pally to 90, and am getting close on a few others. Working on leveling the guild too - up to ~14 so far. I broke the 150 mount barrier a few weeks ago, so that was cool. Working on a few Ally toons to round out all the Horde characters we have on Lightning's Blade. I now have almost every heirloom item in the game, so leveling and BGs on the way up are pretty cool.

Oh, I also must confess that some of the reason for the rekindled interest is my new system... I got a kickass new computer with a triple monitor display, and WoW is amazing like this! I'll post a screen shot or three...

Last edited:

antonypvp

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As this thread is pinned and demanding to say hello.... There I am! I am huge fan on WoW. And when classic was re-released I jumped back straight into the action. So many wow servers out there that it's almost unbelievable.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I clicked the link it is World of Warcraft! A dang space fantasy game.

I think we got a spammer or a stalker for Pete’s sake.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My bad I did not read the title I thought this was for ASL new member.