Motion attempt and vehicular smoke dispenser attempt

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
Can an AFV make a motion attempt AND vehicular smoke dispenser attempt during the opponent‘s MPh on the SAME MP expenditure in its LOS? or does the AFV have to do one or the other and then await for another MP expenditure in its LOS?
Thanks in advance and sorry if it has already been answered, I’ve searched the web and I couldn’t find it.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
A successful Smoke Dispenser usage counts as a MP expenditure. OTOH, Motion Attempts are never counted as a MP expenditure (success or not).

You are allowed to fire even regular ammo immediately following a Motion Attempt, so I believe you could also fire the Smoke Dispenser after the attempt.

As for when you successfully fire the Smoke Dispenser before attempting to go into Motion, I suspect this should go to Perry for clarification. Personally, I think that since the smoke usage would require a MP expenditure during your MPh, it should require a MP "delay" during your opponent's MPh. As per D13.2:

D13.2 The one MP expenditure for smoke dispenser firing cannot coincide with any MP expenditure for any other use.​
So once attempted, you would have to wait until your opponent's next expenditure before making the Motion Attempt.

Last edited:

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
You can make both in either order on a single MP expenditure by your opponent.
sD is not a fire action.
Agreed it's not a fire action, but I'm not sure why that matters. What's your reasoning? It would still require a MP expenditure if successful.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd turn the question on its head, why do you feel it shoukd have to wait between attempts? If it was MA and CMG firing, you could fire one them the other on the same MP expenditure.
Since this is DFire, the expenditure is done by the enemy.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A successful Smoke Dispenser usage counts as a MP expenditure. OTOH, Motion Attempts are never counted as a MP expenditure (success or not).
He is asking about when you do it in the opponent's MPh - so a sD would not cost any MP - since the vehicle in question is not moving.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D13.2 pretty well lays it out and since there is no MP expenditure expended during a Motion Attempt, there would be no MP cost. There is also this from Q&As:

D2.401 & D13.2
Can a motion attempt be made in the same MPh following a successful firing of a Smoke Dispenser?
A. Yes. {2}