ASLSK #2 out of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

adepss1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
You"are not missing much, I played it and honestly the Brian Youse written scenarios sucked big time...poorly researched and and little too smug in the write up simply makes for boring and silly gameplay. Save your Money ASLSK1 was good...No.2 isnt worth the money nor the time.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
...poorly researched and and little too smug in the write up simply makes for boring and silly gameplay.
Could you elboarate? What glaring historical inaccuracies are there?

Do you mean that the introduction and aftermath texts are smug? Can you give an example?

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Starter kit2 is the only ASL product I've played all the scenarios of - mainly because at the time I started Beyond Valor was out of print.

I enjoyed them all. Real good mix of situations and nationalities.

Last edited:

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Per Brian on Consim World, #2 is "at the printers" no ETA..

Thanks
Joe

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Could you elboarate? What glaring historical inaccuracies are there?

Do you mean that the introduction and aftermath texts are smug? Can you give an example?
I'd also be interested in a detailed explanation. Some of the ASLSK scenario designs seem a bit "on the nose" as far as topic by which I mean they don't stray much from the really well known actions (E Company 506th, for example) but never thought the scenarios were bad or poorly done. On the contrary, I like the smaller rules overhead of the SK scenarios and how they play out more quickly without both players trying to dredge the rule book for fiddly things to do (SMC overrun, Dash, etc.)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd also be interested in a detailed explanation. Some of the ASLSK scenario designs seem a bit "on the nose" as far as topic by which I mean they don't stray much from the really well known actions (E Company 506th, for example) but never thought the scenarios were bad or poorly done. On the contrary, I like the smaller rules overhead of the SK scenarios and how they play out more quickly without both players trying to dredge the rule book for fiddly things to do (SMC overrun, Dash, etc.)
I do wish they had added MG fire-lanes though, even if modified to only fire down hex-rows.

Tigernaut

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
SK2 is out of stock, but does that mean the print run mentioned back in January has run out, or is it still at the printers ? Asking for a friend.;)

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The counters for SK#2 are currently being reprinted after a bad print run.
I expect it to ship within six to twelve weeks, depending on where in the queue it lands.
But I am an optimist.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I expect it to ship within six to twelve weeks, depending on where in the queue it lands.
But I am an optimist.

How is Hollow legions looking?

No rush, just curious.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, that is excellent. Are we going to get any teasers on the contents...besides the obvious reprint of Italian counters and desert boards? A peek at the Ethiopians? A listing/number of the scenarios?

Last edited:

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But I am an optimist.

Perry

Thanks for the update!!

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.