ASL SCANDINAVIAN OPEN 2020 (February 26th - March 1st)

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hey, from an onlokers point of view, I would never have considered reading this thread or going to Copenhagen if it were ot for this spat. Now I'm checking out flights....

looks like the earliest I could get there would be 2.30pm. I take it I'd be better arroiving the day before?
Lol.
that is wonderful ?
We are close to the airport. So it is an easy commute. The main tournament starts friday. But there is friendly gaming wednesday and thursday. We will make sure that you play as much as you want those days.

What day do you plan to arrive ? 2.30 pm on the friday is too late to arrive.

Bo
/ASO

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Direct flights exist from Aberdeen to Copenhagn but arrive at 2.40 or 10.30 pm. I suspect it would be better to arrive the day before. at £240 for the return trip it's not too bad. Of course, this needs to be run past the financial comptroller first...but I'm cedrtain there's enough in the city to keep her happy for a few days.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am looking at flights from Stuttgart as well. I put my chances this year at less than 20% but at least that's not 0% :) -- jim

EDIT to Add: Just looked at flights. I can get from STR to CPH for $138 non-stop. Arrive in CPH at 10:10AM on 25 Feb, depart on 1 Mar at 4:25PM. Hmmmm. This is going to be about whether I can get off work or not. Right now, I don't have a start date in Germany. This is almost too cheap to pass up :)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to the tourney twice back in the early 2000s when it was at the old place. I thought it was a very nice tourney, and Copenhagen even in winter is very nice town. Vinnie plenty of nice stuff for 'er in doors to do and see, and shop for. Also airport very nice too...eases travel.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I will try to go to Copenhagen... 85% sure...

But cannot understamd this...

Danes and Swedes arguing in a thread!!!

Less chatting and tell us when will take place the viking broadsword and battle axe duel!!

Give us something to remember in a saga!!!

?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to the tourney twice back in the early 2000s when it was at the old place. I thought it was a very nice tourney, and Copenhagen even in winter is very nice town. Vinnie plenty of nice stuff for 'er in doors to do and see, and shop for. Also airport very nice too...eases travel.
Follow up Vinnie...should have added "while walking around town, no need for even a bus." Your wife will need to take train from airport locale (new venue as I understand) into town...but train (did not mention this) very modern (ok we have crappy trains mostly in USA) and stations all announced in Danish but* then English and as train approaches digital banner screen says something like in English "Next Stop Copenhagen Central". Presto her stop... Super cool city loved it. Yummy food...

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hello me and Jens are about to play bfp 22 speed over caution. In our copy the NR of hexes from N4 are missing. Do anyone have the original and can help me out?

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Hello me and Jens are about to play bfp 22 speed over caution. In our copy the NR of hexes from N4 are missing. Do anyone have the original and can help me out?
Actually I played BFP 22 this morning. Should be <=5 hexes of ("from") N4. Basically all wooden hexes on the BFP Overlay.

I really liked this scenario, the two alternative VC's make for some interesting decisions underway.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Actually I played BFP 22 this morning. Should be <=5 hexes of ("from") N4. Basically all wooden hexes on the BFP Overlay.

I really liked this scenario, the two alternative VC's make for some interesting decisions underway.
Apologies for the poor scan
If anyone needs a new scan of this scenario please contact me. I have one ready to go.

Best Regards
Bo

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Speed Over Caution is a great scenario, I remember playing it against Bo in the Arnhem tournament, it was a thriller.

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Our Website has been updated
  • Updated list of registered participants. Stands at 42. We expect to add a few more names to the list.
  • Our Tournament Special Rules have been updated. We have deleted the TSR that said Vehicle crews could not abandon their AFV's. We also added a TSR that specifies that Vehicle Crews are treated as SMC for Control purposes.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
  • Updated list of registered participants. Stands at 48.
Great - looking forward to it again.

And thank you for listing Eero Vihersari as a Swede, we will take good care of him :).

Last edited:

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I have already my flight to Copenhagen.

I have yet to submit my payment to the tournament directors, but I think I will be the 49th player!!

bo_siemsen

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
  • Updated list of registered participants. Stands at 50.
We have added a couple of ASO first-timers. Juan and Michal. Look forward to meeting you in Copenhagen. It's been a while since we were that many, and I think there's still a couple of more to come.

The National team competition is in the on. Danes vs. Swedes vs. Norwegians vs. Finns vs. Team International. All tournament games will be recorded and the Nationality that does best against the others wins the Nationality competition.