MMP Updates 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Longer-term: Ponyri has basically been finished-playtest-wise, according to Pete, so we'll figure out where it fits.
I just ordered "Objective Ponyri: The Defeat of XXXXL PanzerKorps at Ponyri Train Station (Leaping Horseman)" in anticipation of this release, so I hope I may be forgiven for asking if we might expect "Ponyri" in 2021?
Thank you.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thx Chas! Great update!
No projected release dates = no real update. Where's the electronic ASLRB that's been vaporware since .....? no update on that? No third edition? No explanation? No discussion of the inability to keep constant stock on critical items such as, for example, the rulebook?

Nope, nothing to see here in comparison to what could be a real, professional update. It's the best we'll get: yeah, sure, a statement of general order of effort. Wow! No, it ain't no ways great.

Gents, some of you do need to sort out the differences between facts, estimates and opinions. Let me help you:

It's a fact based on clear evidence that MMP can't keep up to date on their own website, specifically designed to communicate this info. MMP should just delete the page out of sheer embarrassment, but there it still is.

So instead, customers like the OP are required to elicit updates in fan sites like Gamesquad. A good poke in the side always gets something from these guys, too. Begging and poking finally wakes them up and we get a few (incomplete) scraps along with the usual lofty attitude about the whole thing.

That's easier and cuter than actually addressing the real communication problem (this is an opinion).

It's a fact based on clear evidence that MMP cannot commit to production schedules and communicate them in a manner even close to what GMT accomplishes. They only do a little something when we whine for it; there is very little proactive effort to keep us informed and when prompted, only grudgingly. Strangely, some people applaud this behavior, further encouraging it, and the cycle continues.

Amazing.

It's a reasonable estimate based on experience that it takes a few minutes to update a short list of production items something weekly, or even just monthly.

It's also a fact based on pure knowledge that I won't buy any of their non-ASL products. Notice that it's a fact there is still no update on those products, in spite of the comprehensive nature of the OPs question. More incompleteness.

Yes, it is an opinion that Hasbro is the puppet master. Mea Maxima Culpa! You got that one right! There is not even a hint of truth in this, is there?

Hey, MMP can run their business any way they want to. It's a privately held company not answerable to share holders. Clearly, they have some of fans who think they don't need to improve. That's what happens when demand is inelastic.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No projected release dates = no real update. Where's the electronic ASLRB that's been vaporware since .....? no update on that? No third edition? No explanation? No discussion of the inability to keep constant stock on critical items such as, for example, the rulebook?

Nope, nothing to see here in comparison to what could be a real, professional update. It's the best we'll get: yeah, sure, a statement of general order of effort. Wow! No, it ain't no ways great.

Gents, some of you do need to sort out the differences between facts, estimates and opinions. Let me help you:

It's a fact based on clear evidence that MMP can't keep up to date on their own website, specifically designed to communicate this info. MMP should just delete the page out of sheer embarrassment, but there it still is.

So instead, customers like the OP are required to elicit updates in fan sites like Gamesquad. A good poke in the side always gets something from these guys, too. Begging and poking finally wakes them up and we get a few (incomplete) scraps along with the usual lofty attitude about the whole thing.

That's easier and cuter than actually addressing the real communication problem (this is an opinion).

It's a fact based on clear evidence that MMP cannot commit to production schedules and communicate them in a manner even close to what GMT accomplishes. They only do a little something when we whine for it; there is very little proactive effort to keep us informed and when prompted, only grudgingly. Strangely, some people applaud this behavior, further encouraging it, and the cycle continues.

Amazing.

It's a reasonable estimate based on experience that it takes a few minutes to update a short list of production items something weekly, or even just monthly.

It's also a fact based on pure knowledge that I won't buy any of their non-ASL products. Notice that it's a fact there is still no update on those products, in spite of the comprehensive nature of the OPs question. More incompleteness.

Yes, it is an opinion that Hasbro is the puppet master. Mea Maxima Culpa! You got that one right! There is not even a hint of truth in this, is there?

Hey, MMP can run their business any way they want to. It's a privately held company not answerable to share holders. Clearly, they have some of fans who think they don't need to improve. That's what happens when demand is inelastic.
Updates or not, I ain’t buying any GMT stuff. I am sure GMT does good work but nothing compares to the ASL stuff that MMP produces. I don’t care if GMT reports schedules to the seconds.

I don’t care when MMP produces whatever. I know when they do, it’s good and it’s worth my hard earned cash.

Updates or not, I am buying all of MMP’s ASL stuff.

Let’s not pretend that you are talking for “us”. You don’t speak for me.

I don’t know if you remember, but you mentioned twice that you won’t buy MMP’s non ASL stuff. Oh my God, MMP must be hurting.

I think Hasbro hold rights to ASL, not to the non ASL stuff, correct?

Oh ... I am pretty sure private companies are answerable to shareholders. Let me help you : that ain’t you.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Updates or not, I ain’t buying any GMT stuff. Nothing compares to the ASL stuff that MMP produces. I don’t care if GMT reports schedules to the seconds.

Updates or not, I am buying all of MMP’s ASL stuff.

Let’s not pretend that you are talking for “us”. You don’t speak for me.

I don’t know if you remember, but you mentioned twice that you won’t buy MMP’s non ASL stuff. Oh my God, MMP must be hurting.

I think Hasbro hold rights to ASL, not to the non ASL stuff, correct?

Oh I am pretty sure private companies are answerable to shareholders.
C'mon Jack, we all know you are a righteous mega-fan of MMP, so I wasn't including you as needing anything useful in the way of updates from them, don't worry. I am sure there are many matters you don't speak for me on, but you are still able to use the figurative 'we' for the same purpose I have done, big deal.

Of course I remember, silly! I was explaining that this was a fact, not an opinion, but maybe you forgot that, via not reading my post with clarity -- something I'm used to, by the way! Anyway, I'm free to mention it as often as I like to influence others to do the same for the same reasons. Clearly I won't influence you, so what?

Privately held companies don't report earnings or losses to the market and therefore don't have to behave as if in a competitive environment. Okay, you are right, Curt Schilling is obviously answerable to himself. Thanks for missing the point, well done!

I'm just hoping that the world champion baseball player who owns this company takes note of this discussion and realizes that MMP could use a makeover in the communications department.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
C'mon Jack, we all know you are a righteous mega-fan of MMP, so I wasn't including you as needing anything useful in the way of updates from them, don't worry. I am sure there are many matters you don't speak for me on, but you are still able to use the figurative 'we' for the same purpose I have done, big deal.

Of course I remember, silly! I was explaining that this was a fact, not an opinion, but maybe you forgot that, via not reading my post with clarity -- something I'm used to, by the way! Anyway, I'm free to mention it as often as I like to influence others to do the same for the same reasons. Clearly I won't influence you, so what?

Privately held companies don't report earnings or losses to the market and therefore don't have to behave as if in a competitive environment. Okay, you are right, Curt Schilling is obviously answerable to himself. Thanks for missing the point, well done!

I'm just hoping that the world champion baseball player who owns this company takes note of this discussion and realizes that MMP could use a makeover in the communications department.
Honey I work for a privately held company for 24 years. A frightfully successful one.

Trust me. We report earnings to the shareholder and we are in one of the most competitive markets in the world.

There are courses you can take about this finance stuff you know.

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
Honey I work for a private held company for 24 years. A frightfully successful one.

Trust me. We report earnings to the shareholder and we are in one of the most competitive markets in the world.

There are courses you can take about this finance stuff you know.
Thanks, I already have an MBA.

I don't think there is anything frightful about a successful private company, darling, but congratulations for working there, if that's what you're looking for!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As an interesting aside (and as pointed out) is demand for ASL products inelastic, stays the same wether the price goes up or down?

If so ASL must be a pretty special product.

I guess, for me at least, demand for ASL is inelastic because I always try to buy all the MMP releases (can't keep up with the 3rd party stuff unfortunately), I say try because, as ever, it all comes down to money. Sure I don't really consider the price when I buy but I have to at least have the money in the bank first before I am actually able to buy.

voyager77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas
Thank you for the update. Didn’t intend to start a s...storm. Could you advise MMP’s plans for an updated rule book incorporating errata? Hopefully electronic?

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just ordered "Objective Ponyri: The Defeat of XXXXL PanzerKorps at Ponyri Train Station (Leaping Horseman)" in anticipation of this release, so I hope I may be forgiven for asking if we might expect "Ponyri" in 2021?
Thank you.
I heard this publication is an important source of information for the module, so a worthwhile purchase.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, I already have an MBA.

I don't think there is anything frightful about a successful private company, darling, but congratulations for working there if that's what you're looking for!
See that is the difference, you expect a traditional company whereas MMP and I suspect most of the TTPs are more labors of love. I doubt that they could be run any differently as there is very little money in wargaming.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See that is the difference, you expect a traditional company whereas MMP and I suspect most of the TTPs are more labors of love. I doubt that they could be run any differently as there is very little money in wargaming.
Plus, and it is a huge plus, is that they all have their own full time jobs away from MMP.

They [MMP] have been cranking out ASL for the past couple of years. I am not at all sure why anyone is even complaining. Heck, there is more ASL product (official & TPP) coming out than anyone can possibly play and even more on the way. On that note though, if you are not adding errata to a new RB, a straight reprint shouldn't be that tough.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plus, and it is a huge plus, is that they all have their own full time jobs away from MMP.

They [MMP] have been cranking out ASL for the past couple of years. I am not at all sure why anyone is even complaining. Heck, there is more ASL product (official & TPP) coming out than anyone can possibly play and even more on the way. On that note though, if you are not adding errata to a new RB, a straight reprint shouldn't be that tough.
Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.