Multiple Leaders going berserk

msoong38

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We haver this situation:
  1. There are two leaders (a 9-1 and a 8-0) plus a sq in a hex.
  2. The 8-0 went berserk, so now the 9-1 and the SQ does their task check to see if they go berserk too.
  3. The Squad stayed calm, but the 9-1 went nuts as well.
Question, does the Squad have to now do ANOTHER TC to see if he goes berserk? (the literal reading of A15.41 seems to be yes he checks again), though both my opponent and I thought it might be worth checking here...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
From the q&a:
A15.41 A 9-2, 8-1 and 4-6-7 are in the same Location, and the 8-1 becomes berserk. What happens to the other units?
A. The 9-2 must take his NTC next, using the berserk leader's -1 DRM (but not his own -2 DRM; A10.7). If the 9-2 becomes berserk, the squad then takes its NTC using his -2 DRM. If he does not become berserk, the squad still takes its NTC but is subject to the DRM of the 8-1 only.
[Gen25.2; An95w; An96; Mw]
JR

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let’s amplify this: suppose one of the leaders is a commissar. Same, or different mechanics (e.g. commissar exempt as he is the ranking officer, etc.)?

NRBH

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Let’s amplify this: suppose one of the leaders is a commissar. Same, or different mechanics (e.g. commissar exempt as he is the ranking officer, etc.)?
If the commissar goes berserk, everyone else does automatically [A25.223]. I assume you are asking what happens if a non-commissar goes berserk in a Location with a (non-Berserk) commissar. The commissar must take the A15.41 TC, but without the other leader's leadership DRM [A25.221]. The A15.41 conversion says that all units except those exempt from HoB take the TC.

JR