Any fans of Red Factories, Forgotten War or the new Deluxe Module?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you own any of these products and would like to help showcase them on the Desperation Morale website, I sure could use some nice photographs of the components of these big MMP products.

These links illustrate the sort of pics that work best, including close-ups of key components (like maps or counters or interesting rules) as well as "group" photos of all maps, all counters, or all components total.

http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/festung-budapest/ (this has small images because it was done before the major website revision)

Any photographs I can use I will give full photographer credit for on the website (unless you wish to remain anonymous).

I do need the photographs to be in focus and not fuzzy. Out of focus shots are most likely to result when using a cell phone camera in a not-very-well-lit area. Taking the pictures in a bright room really helps. Depending on the settings on your phone, changing the shutter speed to a high speed like 1/250 can help; so too can changing the aperture setting to something wide open (the lower numeric setting the better in this case, though it will reduce your depth of focus, so it should be used primarily for taking photographs of flat things). Another strategy is taking several pictures of the same subject in a row (hoping one of them ends up in focus.

If the colors seem to come out weird, changing the white balance to something warmer (the setting may possibly say something like "cloudy") might help.

Don't freak out at those hints; the majority of photos people have sent me have been fine.

Anyway, providing photos of any of these products would not just be helping me, it would be helping the whole ASL community.

You can message me via Gamesquad for how to send the photos. If you know my personal e-mail address, you can just send them to that address.

Thank you so much!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My copy of Red October is still un-punched, so I will take on the task of photograhping it for you. I've taken a lot of these style of photos for selling on e-bay and such.
Michael, thank you so much! I really appreciate it. You're swell!

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Loved all except Red October, couldn't muster up the $$ and since I have the old copies, I regrettably passed.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you get any takers on Forgotten War? My copy is still unpunched and I will do it if no one has tackled this.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I am sending the pictures of Forgotten War to your personal address, let me know if it works. Cheers

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love to, but my copy of FW is VERY Punched....

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you get any takers on Forgotten War? My copy is still unpunched and I will do it if no one has tackled this.
I would LOVE some photos of Forgotten War! Thanks very much!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love to get your photos, but please make sure the photos have no motion blur on them! I can't use them if they are blurry. Thanks!