Precision Dice Required in Tournaments

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
You guys are nuts! My dice I have had since birth, they are bonded and only respond to my DNA, psychic thought patterns and spit and sweat!

It’s all in the inner cup of my hand and wrist flip that deposits them into my special dice tower which is also in-tune with my cardboard warriors, they know their fate, my special esp that controls the whole process is only hampered by your negative brain waves!

I can usually over come your feeble minds with my in tune plastic dice!

And no you can’t use my dice, keep your filthy paws off!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All dice should only be rolled/dropped with the right hand and must tumble at least an odd amount of times to be applicable for game results. Too often have I witnessed a change in hands dropping the or throwing the dice to influence opposite rolls. This behavior is totally unacceptable. If one is left handed I always provide my right handed grand daughter that will roll the dice for you.;)?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This may be heresy, but I don't like precision dice, especially when coupled with dice towers that have felt or other sound-absorbing covering. There's not enough tumbling action to satisfy my inherent sense of randomness. Me, I drop the classic dice into a pilsner glass; they tumble and kick around quite gratifyingly before they break my heart.
My new foam lined PVC dice tower provides superior randomization...
Steve

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I refer to it as the Dr. Seuss Tower (having 1st noticed it as ASLOK last, likely not its first appearance)....which in a post somewhere here on GS Benzoid acknowledged also as such.... It needs a more Seussian name...like "the Who-whooobler" or some such...I am sure the Collective here can give it an apropos name. [You should post a pix. so folks can better get the sense of what I am on about and make their best effort at "branding" so important you know.]

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I refer to it as the Dr. Seuss Tower (having 1st noticed it as ASLOK last, likely not its first appearance)....which in a post somewhere here on GS Benzoid acknowledged also as such.... It needs a more Seussian name...like "the Who-whooobler" or some such...I am sure the Collective here can give it an apropos name. [You should post a pix. so folks can better get the sense of what I am on about and make their best effort at "branding" so important you know.]
Sean Deller dubbed it the "Colon Roller"...
Steve

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the large Backgammon community require Backgammon Precision Dice at tournaments, all very understandable when looking at the top dollars you can earn.
Pictures of what is required at tournaments [URLunfurl="true"]https://duckduckgo.com/?q=backgammon precision dice&ia=images[/URL]
Simply put, if anyone should call backgammon players 'extreme' , then in all fairness, I believe they would regard ASL players more extreme when investing so much time and effort into a game and then only play with other than Backgammon Precision Dice at Tournaments.
As soon as people start earning top dollars at ASL tournaments then tournament organizers can require precision dice.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are you implying that fair dice is more important when it comes to money than ASL?
I am implying that life is short, ASL is a game, wealth and fortune are not the stakes we play for, and to obsess about precision dice is a waste of quality time you could otherwise use to obsess over counter clipping.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went to buy some extra 1/2 inch cut corner precision dice for another game I play and the place I bought them no longer exists. I did a google search and came up blank. Does anyone know a supplier for these? I don't like the rounded corner backgammon dice.