What is the ASL-related New Year's Resolution you wish OTHER people would adopt?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's say you could make an ASL-related NY resolution for someone else--a specific player, players generally, a company, whatever. What would you have them resolve to do in 2020?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Easy, I resolve that MMP keep AT LEAST all their core modules in stock and provide a replacement parts service for boards, counters, rules sections, etc. Oh, and an electronic rule book. ;)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
  • MMP do not for a second allow (and I don't think they will) their working capital to be tied up in "making all core modules available" ie dead inventory/capital. I wish them a year in which whatever they print, they sell out in a jiffy (and allow capital in new projects).
  • That we start appreciating hoarders who allow their capital to be tied up in dead inventory and making modules available (even if they charge inflated prices levels that MMP can't access, as a return for them tying down their capital).
  • That all buyers be players. Although I appreciate folks who buy even though they don't play 'cause they help move preorders along. More liquidity -> more projects!
  • That all new players focus on playing (opposed) instead on buying.
  • That all new players focus on playing (opposed) instead of studying the ASLRB.
  • That ASL modules be printed concurrently in a location outside of the US (perhaps have a different P500) so as to lower shipping cost for more people.
  • That the VASL crew stay happy and healthy in 2020.
  • That some of the 3rd party scenario packs can be distributed in PDF formats to save on shipping.
  • That all of us stay healthy and happy in 2020. I expect to see ALL of you active and playing at the end of 2020!

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Let's say you could make an ASL-related NY resolution for someone else--a specific player, players generally, a company, whatever. What would you have them resolve to do in 2020?
I'd ask them to resolve that they enjoy the game any damn way they want without worrying what anyone on the internet thinks of them. If that means collecting just to have, do it. If it means sending thousands of dollars to Critical Hit, do it. If it means inventing their own house rules, do it. Have fun with it.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
People don't change.
I rarely ask them to, as I know my own shortcomings.
Now, about producers, I would be interested from MMP to see:
  • an eASLRB (perhaps with a subscription system which allows updates).
  • a 3rd edition RB, integrating all errata and rewriting some parts of the rules to make them more coherent and clear (e.g. chapter E). Not introducing major changes so not to threaten already produced scenarios, etc. The 3rd ed. could offer more intuitive, streamlined rules for Night, Panjis and Seaborne Assault (as optional rules) + the inclusion of some of the gorgor heretical rules.
  • the overlay bundle.
  • a Spanish Civil War module.
I know that some expectations are about to be fulfilled.
I also know that some others won't see the light of day.

Last edited:

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Resolve to have fun playing the game.
Resolve to play more often than last year.

Resolve to be civil and compassionate.
For those inclined to do so, curtail your urges and instances to berate and belittle other players for their ASL gaming choices and differences of opinion down to zero.

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I'd like to see people accept normal dice in tournaments. There seems to be a trend to insist in the use of precision dice (at least in Scandinavia this is the case). So far no one has shown me convincing proof that precision dice are superior to normal dice in creating random numbers.