What size sheet protector is needed for LFT designed scenarios?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An unusual problem: my USA standard size sheet protectors are too small to hold LFT scenarios. These are 8 1/2 x 11 inches. I ordered legal sized sheet protectors and these are too long at the top. So, which are the correct ones I need?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Don't they print on A4 paper? I haven't checked but it seems the reasonable option (and one that is the standard in almost all countries worldwide)

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Often, all the printing is in a 8.5x11" space and one can trim off the excess white paper. Just make sure before you cut.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just trim mine with a rotary trimmer, nice straight lines. Use standard American sheet protectors. 99% of the time you trim nothing but white space. Occasionally you might touch the top of the title or bottom sentence of the aftermatch if they really filled the page, but nothing of consequence.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Leave a bit hanging out of the protector.
When paper hangs out of page protectors in my experience it tends to get raggedy. Personally I scan the originals, crop and print copies on letter-size paper. That way I have backup too. Only rarely do I have problems with the text being outside the printable area on my printer, and then I just shrink the image a bit.

JR

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
When paper hangs out of page protectors in my experience it tends to get raggedy. Personally I scan the originals, crop and print copies on letter-size paper. That way I have backup too. Only rarely do I have problems with the text being outside the printable area on my printer, and then I just shrink the image a bit.

JR
I recently discovered that my scanner has a setting to scan A4 documents so I know that it will scan everything.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got mine from these guys ... nice people to do business with. They also have Binders for the A4 sheets.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
When I went to ASLOK, I left a heap of A4 page protectors there for folk. Multipunched as wellso will work on 2, 3, 4 or more ring binders. The letter sized US ones seem to all be 3 ring punched although Michael Rodgers had some multi punched lettersized ones sso they do exist.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You might be right but cut or trim the scenario card is criminal offende to the ASL universe. Yoda would never approve something like that.....
I scan the scenario card and store it away. I never cut or trim a scenario card.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The letter sized US ones seem to all be 3 ring punched although Michael Rodgers had some multi punched lettersized ones sso they do exist.
I just got four boxes of multi-punched letter-size. It depends on the manufacturer. I wasn't particularly looking for multi-punched because I have 3 ring binders but that's what I got.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I recently discovered that my scanner has a setting to scan A4 documents so I know that it will scan everything.
My impression is that most if not all scanners are large enough for A4, and they scan the whole scan bed. I know I have to trim my scans down to get letter-size images. I have a couple of scripts that do that for me. Since the scanned format from my scanner is .pnm, which is about the largest possible file size (or so it seems), I also convert to .png in the script then discard the .pnm.

JR

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last edited:

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got mine from these guys ... nice people to do business with. They also have Binders for the A4 sheets.

Amazon also has A4 sized binders and document protectors.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought A4 protectors for the European stuff. Interestingly enough when I ran out of letter size page protectors I found that the letter-size pages will fit into A4 page protectors.