DefFire SW Counters

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Could anyone direct me to the MMP/TPP module that produced SW Defensive Fire counters? (as opposed to the standard DefFire counters).

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could anyone direct me to the MMP/TPP module that produced SW Defensive Fire counters? (as opposed to the standard DefFire counters).
I got some in Bounding Fire's Blood and Jungle, and I am 95% certain another 3rd Party Product had previously put them out as well.

They're quite handy.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
One of the LFT Rat Packs had these, either #3 or #4.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Also now available officially in Red Factories and Armies of Oblivion 2nd edition.
And a new optional rule to go with them:

*8.10 OPTIONAL FIRST FIRE COUNTERS: Special individual “FIRST FIRE—XX” counters are provided for players who wish to mark separately the units and weapons making Defensive First Fire attacks, e.g., “FIRST FIRE—INHERENT.” Other than how those units/weapons are marked, none of 8. DEFENSIVE FIRE PRINCIPLES changes.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
And a new optional rule to go with them:

*8.10 OPTIONAL FIRST FIRE COUNTERS: Special individual “FIRST FIRE—XX” counters are provided for players who wish to mark separately the units and weapons making Defensive First Fire attacks, e.g., “FIRST FIRE—INHERENT.” Other than how those units/weapons are marked, none of 8. DEFENSIVE FIRE PRINCIPLES changes.
I missed that. I assume it's hidden in the Red Factories rules or was it in AOO?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I saw no modified rule page on that topic in RF.
I believe that the counters can be used without the optional rule, simply using common sense.

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw no modified rule page on that topic in RF.
I believe that the counters can be used without the optional rule, simply using common sense.
What am I missing? The only "optional rule" I see in that text is that one may, but need not, use the new counters. So how can the counters be used without the optional rule? And if you can use the counters without the rule, how does that change play?

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe there will be a nice rule page included in the next journal for those of us that didn’t purchase the new Armies of Oblivion v2

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This has to be one of the most pedantic threads I've ever seen on this forum.