Status
Not open for further replies.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks.

It might an idea to mention this on the website. Someone said in another thread that work on this started long before FW, so my guess would've been that it was a standalone product. It would've been disappointing indeed if I got this and found out the hard way that I couldn't play it because I don't have FW :(
Although apart from the Starter Kits .. I can't think of any ASL products to be standalone.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It might an idea to mention this on the website. Someone said in another thread that work on this started long before FW, so my guess would've been that it was a standalone product. It would've been disappointing indeed if I got this and found out the hard way that I couldn't play it because I don't have FW :(
Andy worked on both Forgotten War and Fight for Seoul. That allowed them to proceed in parallel before the publication of Forgotten War. I don't know for sure, but I don't think the work on FFS started before FW. The work on FFS started before the release of FW, which is what I think was said in the thread. But you are right that it would be helpful to mention what it requires. To be fair, the description doesn't list any requirements and you have to figure there is at least one.

JR

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks.

I shall ask Xavier to note that.

However, I do not know of any thing ASL (SK aside) which is not dependent on some other thing (great or small) that is ASL.

Andy

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
I can't think of any ASL products to be standalone.
It's not unreasonable for something to require Beyond Valor and the ASLRB, and not document that [*], but less so FW. I'd be justified in being pissed off if I got this and found after receiving it that I couldn't play it because I don't have FW. Or something else - are there any other dependencies? The Americans are in there, so presumably you would need Yanks as well.

I misused the word "standalone" above, but the point I'm making is not that there are dependencies, that's pretty much a given, it's that what those dependencies are hasn't been documented.

[*] But maybe even that should be documented. Someone could easily stumble across that web page and buy the game, thinking that it's a standalone game about the Korean War, but not know that it's part of a larger system that requires buying hundreds of dollars worth of other stuff before you can play it. Most people would be pissed off if that happened to them.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It's not unreasonable for something to require Beyond Valor, and not document that [*], but less so FW. I'd be justified in being pissed off if I got this and found after receiving it that I couldn't play it because I don't have FW. Or something else - are there any other dependencies?

The point I'm making is not that there are dependencies, that's pretty much a given, it's that what those dependencies are hasn't been documented.

[*] Any maybe even that should be documented. Someone could easily stumble across that web page and buy the game, thinking that it's a standalone game about the Korean War, but not know that it's part of a larger system that requires buying hundreds of dollars worth of other stuff before you can play it. Most people would be pissed off if that happened to them.
Your original post stated "standalone" .. not reasonable dependencies.

If you want to see dependencies stated then yeah, it will be good to know.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Is the Soeul module released already?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes in Spain, soon in Europe, a little bit later in the USA since it takes about a month to cross the Ocean at regular costs...

Cheers,

X
They are sending me on a world promo tour...so place your order now...wherever you live...I be visiting everyone soon. ?;)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They are sending me on a world promo tour...so place your order now...wherever you live...I be visiting everyone soon. ?;)
Do you need someone to carry your luggage? I can pay for my own food too!

Status
Not open for further replies.