Huts in Russia?

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
According to G5, it looks like the Hut rules only come into play in PTO scenarios. If using one of the boards with 3 wooden bldgs in one hex in a Russian scenario, are those hexes usually simply treated as wooden buildings, or as "Russian huts"? I could imagine them representing some kind of insubstantial peasant shack, but wanted to check how it they are usually played?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
According to G5, it looks like the Hut rules only come into play in PTO scenarios. If using one of the boards with 3 wooden bldgs in one hex in a Russian scenario, are those hexes usually simply treated as wooden buildings, or as "Russian huts"? I could imagine them representing some kind of insubstantial peasant shack, but wanted to check how it they are usually played?
They are wooden buildings. Among other issues, unless you own one of the PTO modules, you have no idea what "huts" are. It is quite possible that an ETO/Russian Front Fanatic might never buy a PTO module.

JR

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great, thanks. I'm an East Front fanatic and will certainly never buy a PTO module, but the PTO rules are included in the Pocket Edition of the Rules so wasn't sure if they'd been adopted on a wider basis.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I looked quickly at the subject and thought it said "Pizza Huts" in Russia :)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
When playing on the CG! Devils Domain map we SSRd huts in as the mass of wooden buildings just didnt seem right. It worked very well

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I looked quickly at the subject and thought it said "Pizza Huts" in Russia :)
As a pretty weird coincidence, yesterday I wore I jacket I hadn't worn in many years and in the pocket found a flyer for a Pizza Hut in Moscow, from the nineties (I lived in Moscow for many years). ?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Great, thanks. I'm an East Front fanatic and will certainly never buy a PTO module, but the PTO rules are included in the Pocket Edition of the Rules so wasn't sure if they'd been adopted on a wider basis.
Things are clearly explained on the first page of chapter G, under G.1:
G.1 PTO TERRAIN: Except as mentioned otherwise,the following apply whenever "PTO Terrain" is stated as being in effect:
[...]
All wooden Single-Story Houses in hexes containing ≥ two separate buildings, but no partial building depiction, are Huts;

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a pretty weird coincidence, yesterday I wore I jacket I hadn't worn in many years and in the pocket found a flyer for a Pizza Hut in Moscow, from the nineties (I lived in Moscow for many years). ?
synergy, I think that’s close to the right word for that.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tuts. Shakes head sadly.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Great, thanks. I'm an East Front fanatic and will certainly never buy a PTO module, ......
Seems a shame. You'll never play some of the very good Russian-Japanese offerings. None set in PTO terrain, but they do use Japanese units.

Japanese/PTO make it a different and very worthwhile game.

FWIW, I think that any structure that provides enough shelter to weather a Russian Winter is automatically more substantial than what the intent of "Huts" in a tropical setting is? Just MMHO, as always.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Huts being only hindrances, collapsing and catching fire extremely easily don't match the Russian isbas nor any current structure in a temperate climate.